Hi,

Not sure if I should be addressing the admins or the forum community as a whole, but hello to either group.  I was looking to register so I could post a question about what the recommended burning method is after dumping and what software, drive, and media to use.  I've done a couple of searches for existing related questions but I wasn't finding much.

I have about thirty older PC game discs (from 1999-2004) that I am hoping to back up for my personal records.  I've purchased a used Plextor drive for this purpose.  I am then hoping to burn (and play from) fresh copies of each to preserve the originals as long as possible.  I did this in an amateur way when I was younger with a few games to reduce wear on the originals but I'm hoping to take a more elevated and methodical approach this time.

If you might feel this topic is appropriate to the forum, I would certainly appreciate being approved for an account.

Many thanks in advance for your consideration.

-dragonsreach1

Hello and sorry for the delay.  It's great that you already have a Plextor.  Do you plan on dumping and submitting your discs / verifications to the redump database? If so, please bear with us and an admin will approve your account when they can.  Thanks!

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping_Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord