Good god, is there some trick that I don't know about when it comes to reading these mould codes? The things are so small I cannot read them, and my scanner blows them out since that section is usually transparent.

Plextor PX-755UF, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3

Jeweler's Loupe, Magnifying glass, USB Microscope, Higher quality scanner, take your pick.

Mastodon Page | YouTube Page
☆ ☆ ☆ PX-W4012TA ☆ PX-716A ☆ GGC-H20L ☆ BW-16D1HT ☆ ☆ ☆
Wii ☆ Wii U ☆ PSP 3K ☆ SOHD-167T ☆ Pioneer 209DBK ☆ TS-H352C

Thank you. I will try to get ahold of some new methods. Currently I found a small macro lens that is helping a lot but definitely need to find better methods.

http://forum.redump.org/topic/36372/

I use a cheap magnifying glass, nothing fancy.

BW-16D1HT | PX-W4824TU | PX-W5224A | PX-760A | PX-712A | Plextor Premium | Pioneer 209DBK | TS-H352C | TS-H353A | Wii

EmuGuru wrote:

Good god, is there some trick that I don't know about when it comes to reading these mould codes? The things are so small I cannot read them, and my scanner blows them out since that section is usually transparent.

For me, i use the lamp's light

I mainly try to try to have a light reflect where the code is, as that makes the code more visible.  I also have a magnifying glass I use.  It's still a bit annoying to work with.

I also had decent results scanning it with the scanner's lid open - this probably works better in a dark room at night; this image was during the day.  It probably also depends on the scanner - the scanner I used here produces black/grey when there's no background.  The text is also much more readable at higher DPIs.

Post's attachments

Wii Play Disc Rot 2 lowres.png 962.8 kb, 12 downloads since 2021-10-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.