1 (edited by Lamhirh 2021-04-20 12:33:57)

I have checked my old NT4/Win 2000 workstation I used to dump and clone discs some 25+ years ago and the installed drives are Scsi Ultraplex 12/20, Ultraplex 40 (Also have the very fist Ultraplex but not currenlty in the PC) and the burners are Scsi Yamaha CDR 100 and CDR400.

As I acquired some potential undumped CDi I was wondering if those drives are compatible with redump methods? How can we test if they may be?

Thx in advance.

My devices: Famicom, Mark III, NES, Master System, Super Famicom, Super Nintendo, Super NES, Game Gear, Mega Drive Mini, Mega Drive, Mega CD II, PC Engine CoreGrafx, PC Engine Mini, TurboExpress, PC-Engine DUO R, 3DO FZ-1, CD-i 210, CD-i 220, Playdia, Wonderswan Colour, PC-FX, NeoGeo AES, NeoGeo MV1-FS, IGS PGM, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, GameCube, Wii, WiiU, 3DS XL, New 3DSLL, Switch, Famicom Mini, Super Famicom Mini, Playstation, PS 2 50004, PS 2 70004, PS 3 2004A, PS 4 Pro, PSP, PS TV, PS Vita and ... well sure I forgot something.

I'm not seeing those drives listed as compatible unfortunately - http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … F_CD-Audio

Worth a shot I guess? Not sure if they'll be accepted though. CDI's sometimes (not rarely but not often) have mastering errors, which make having a proper drive extra important.

What missing CDi titles do you have out of curiosity? I've been on a CDi binge lately.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

What do I need to do in order to checking the read methods of those drives?

My devices: Famicom, Mark III, NES, Master System, Super Famicom, Super Nintendo, Super NES, Game Gear, Mega Drive Mini, Mega Drive, Mega CD II, PC Engine CoreGrafx, PC Engine Mini, TurboExpress, PC-Engine DUO R, 3DO FZ-1, CD-i 210, CD-i 220, Playdia, Wonderswan Colour, PC-FX, NeoGeo AES, NeoGeo MV1-FS, IGS PGM, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, GameCube, Wii, WiiU, 3DS XL, New 3DSLL, Switch, Famicom Mini, Super Famicom Mini, Playstation, PS 2 50004, PS 2 70004, PS 3 2004A, PS 4 Pro, PSP, PS TV, PS Vita and ... well sure I forgot something.

Lamhirh wrote:

What do I need to do in order to checking the read methods of those drives?

Well I think testing them with DiscImageCreator, and checking if you get the same hashes for some discs that are already in the database, would be a good start.

Oki doki, will try that. Thx.