I'm trying to burn an audio trap disc for dumping the HD area of GD-ROMs.  The wiki advises the use of CloneCD.  When I try to use CloneCD, it complains that my trial period has expired.  Never mind that I just installed the program today.  :\

I'm really not looking to use CloneCD for anything other than this, so I have no intent to purchase it.  Is there a recommended alternative program/method (Windows or Linux) for burning this audio trap disc?

Note:
I've tried converting the CCD image to ISO using ccd2iso in Linux in order to try burning it with cdrecord, but it throws the error:

Unrecognized sector mode (0) at sector 0!

I've also tried mounting the IMG as a virtual drive that I could use mkisofs against, but it fails to mount.  I suspect this has to do with the nature of the image.

Well I think dcdumper is windows only anyway so... not sure how you'd dump the HD area on linux.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

user7 wrote:

Well I think dcdumper is windows only anyway so... not sure how you'd dump the HD area on linux.

I wouldn't. I have both operating systems. Only saying that I am able to try both Windows and Linux programs/methods to burn the trap disc if there are any suggestions.

CDmage supposedly works but I couldn't get it to work (let me know if you do and what settings you use) also supposedly Alcohol 120% but didn't test that one.

I've used CD Manipulator 2.7.0 with Wine to burn the Audio Trap Disc smile

Main ODDs: Parabola GNU/Linux: PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM 1.07 (+30) | BD ODD with PCB Revision JB8 2015.05.08 (+6) | BD ODD with PCB Revision BD WRITER BOARD REV:02 (+6) | BCA Reading: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105 1.30 (+48).
I've got access to approx. 200 different ODDs and a scanner supporting 3 200 x 6 400 DPI.
Blue = Additional information. Red = Change/update information

olofolleola4 wrote:

I've used CD Manipulator 2.7.0 with Wine to burn the Audio Trap Disc smile

I tried CD Manipulator and it finished with errors, but it did actually burn data to the disc.  Other programs have refused to write anything to the disc at all, so this is encouraging at least!

I'll try dumping a Dreamcast disc sometime this week and see if the trap disc works.

So far I haven't had any luck.  CD Manipulator has been the most promising, but it hasn't burned the trap disc correctly.  Tried it on my Windows 10 laptop, in Wine on my Linux box, with two different drives...

I think my next step is going to be a fresh install of Windows 10 - maybe in a VM or something - and cross my fingers that an install of CloneCD there won't think that its trial period has elapsed.

cdrwin anyone?

If anyone knows how to use these other apps to do it post specific instructions plz

So I managed to get the CloneCD trial working on a fresh Windows 10 install.  Audio trap disc burned correctly and I'm test dumping a Dreamcast disc now.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone can get the trap disc to burn with another program.