I'm starting a personal project to back up my disc-based games in case anything ever happens to the discs. I use this site a lot to verify the hashes so I'd like to give back and submit my own results (some duplicates, some not yet on the site). So I would like to request an account so I can submit.

If this is an appropriate place to ask, I also had a few questions to make sure I don't do anything wrong. If this is the wrong place for questions please just let me know and I can ask in the appropriate place.

1. I saw on the Wiki that submission requests dumping with 2 different tools as well as 2 different drives to confirm correctness. For my CD-based games with SafeDisc I'm currently trying to obtain a drive that will dump them properly (originally bought a Plextor PX-708UF drive but it broke in transit; currently waiting on a new LG WH14NS40). When I do, I will only have that 1 drive, not 2. I assume this isn't as big a deal for duplicate submissions that match, but for ones that aren't on the site I'm wondering if that is sufficient?

2. I wasn't 100% sure how to read the first table on non-Plextor CD-compatible drives. I did see the WH14NS40 in green and saw people in the MakeMKV forums recommending it, so even though they're dumping UHD BDs and not CDs I figured it was better than picking one totally at random from the table. But my main question is: will this drive work with the firmware it ships with, or does it have to be downgraded or cross-flashed to the ASUS FW to work? If I'm reading it right, the compatible FW range is 1.00 through 1.04, so I'm sure if my drive comes with a higher revision and I have to downgrade I can find someone detailing a safe downgrade order, but is there a particular reason I'd want to cross-flash to the ASUS one if one of the LG firmwares works?

3. When I dump some of my DVDs, I notice the DAT file is XML-like with placeholder data. Should I be filling this out myself or leaving it the way DiscImageCreator generated it, and submitting the file as-is?

Thanks!

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Please move your questions to a separate topic: http://forum.redump.org/new/topic/7/

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)