1 (edited by Deev Eedeez 2020-10-01 00:23:44)

I can't find this particular issue on this forum (yet), so here it goes:

I have one disc (it's CD-i Ready disc) that dumps right up to the end, but hangs where the submission form is supposed to popup where you fill in name and ringcodes etc.
It says in the log window as last line:
"Gathering submission information... please wait!,
usually a popup window to fill out appears, but in this case no popup windows as with any other dumps so far.

0. What to do?
1. What could cause that?
2. How to invoke the form?

Thank you for your patience and answer(s).

Dump HW: Plextor PX-755A ATA (+30), Plextor PX-W4012A USB (+98)
Burn HW: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP40NS20 USB (+0), HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP GGW-H20L SATA (+0)
All Win 10

Hey there, what version of DICUI are you using?

I know that this was an issue on some previous versions.  You might want to try the latest DICUI 1.17.1 and see if that fixes the problem:

https://github.com/SabreTools/DICUI/releases

If you are still having issues with it after that, let us know!

Thank you for your answer. I thought I had the latest stable 1.16. So I must update to 1.17.1. I will do and post back with the results.

All Win 10

Cool.  From what I understand, there could also be an issue with cd-i ready discs that is known atm, but you could certainly give this a try.  I believe some others are looking into issues with cd-i ready.

OK, I replaced DICUI_1.16-net48 with DICUI_1.17.1-net48 and redumped the CD-i-Ready disc in question again.

Unfortunately the problem persists: no pop-up form to fill out, plus two more problems reported in the log:
"The following files were missing:
locationofredumps\CD-iReadydisc.img_EdcEcc.txt and
locationofredumps\CD-iReadydisc.scm"

No idea what that means actually, also it does not seem worse than before,
since these files were also not generated in any redump of the same disc using DICUI_1.16-net48,
it was merely not reported in the log.
Otherwise, I can still not fill out the info-form.

All Win 10

6 (edited by Deev Eedeez 2020-09-25 22:18:02)

In the meantime i decided to redump another CD-i Ready disc, "Uncover Featuring Tatjana", and it gives the same errors.
So, no pop-up window for the submissioninfo.txt form to be filled out, plus two missing files:
\UncoverFeaturingTatjana.img_EdcEcc.txt;
UncoverFeaturingTatjana.scm

Therefore, I cannot fully submit this disc for the redump db, even though it is listed in the MIA list, unfortunately.
It is nowhere stated on the disc inlays or disc that it is a CD-i Ready format disc, but merely the logo Compact Disc interactive is mentioned.
The backside of the rear inlay of the disc says it requires a Digital Video Cartridge and Music will also play on most Audio players.
The latter plays fine on a windows 10 machine too.

I can, however, post a link to the inner rings of the disc here, of course (Tnx to JvS):
https://www.zplace.net/Images/CD_inner_UFT.jpg
https://www.zplace.net/Images/CD_UFT.jpg

All Win 10

Possible this update will solve some of your dumping problems: https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImag … g/20201101

Specifically for Data + Audio tracks. We tried with Alien Gate (Audio tracks only) which didn't work. But Op Jacht Naar now works with that build.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

8 (edited by KailoKyra 2020-11-02 17:35:27)

I've had the same issue with some CD-i ready discs, but it does work and output a .bin and cue etc. Just not the .scm for some reason which makes DICUI think that the dump failed (and not opening the form to fill the infos)

For now I just filled a blank submissionInfo.txt manually from the infos in the different files. I'll try with that new build as well smile

9 (edited by user7 2020-11-02 15:59:44)

Audio-only discs don't output .scm (anymore?) so it's just a DICUI error and not an actual dump error.

Alien gate on the other hand... something else is going on here.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.