I'd be grateful if someone could describe how I can verify my dump of a PS2 DVD against the entry in the database.
I've searched the Wiki and Forum but can't find an answer!

Specifically I've followed the Guide and produced two ISOs of this game:
http://redump.org/disc/4582/

How can I tell if my dump is correct?

Thanks

You should have a '!submissionInfo.txt' in your dump folder. Check the hashes for your dump there.
If they match the hashes of the Redump entry, you verified it smile

Hi @alcoatjez - thanks for the reply which prompted me to do some more reading and testing.

The file you mentioned ('!submissionInfo.txt') was not in my dump folder.
This must be because I used the DIC CLI guide to produce two dumps as it says.
So I looked at the DICUI guide and downloaded and installed DICUI 1.16.1
Each time I run this it creates the ISO and other text files but hangs with this message:
"Gathering submission information... please wait!"

Now I'm guessing this doesn't happen to you because you're a Forum and/or wiki member so have a username etc to be used in DICUI - I don't.

All I want to do is just validate my ISO dumps against the database but maybe you have to be a member to do so!

Raymond Purchase wrote:

Now I'm guessing this doesn't happen to you because you're a Forum and/or wiki member so have a username etc to be used in DICUI - I don't.

All I want to do is just validate my ISO dumps against the database but maybe you have to be a member to do so!

You don't need to have an account here to verify your dumps or to use DICUI. The username/password in DICUI is only useful when it checks to see if an existing dump is in the database for a non-public system.

To get your hashes just look in the .dat file of your dump or use any of the dozens of 3rd party hashing tools on your dumped image.

The submission information is a popup window asking for information about the disc that you enter in, pretty sure it can be disabled. It's definitely not required to have an account to check your PS2 stuff.

Agent47 wrote:

<snipped>
To get your hashes just look in the .dat file of your dump or use any of the dozens of 3rd party hashing tools on your dumped image.

Yes I can do that.
Doesn't explain why DICIU just hangs and doesn't complete though?

It's all a learning experience and some automatic verification would have been nice but I guess if the game runs off the ISO that's all that matters............

Thanks both for taking the time to read and reply

Oh Thanks to @Aringon as well smile

Aringon wrote:

The submission information is a popup window asking for information about the disc that you enter in, pretty sure it can be disabled. It's definitely not required to have an account to check your PS2 stuff.

It sounds like OP is referring to the console output message in DICUI before the submission info form pops up.

I know when dumping PC stuff it could take ages sometimes with that being the last message displayed due to DICUI doing protection scans. Not sure if it even scans PS2 stuff for protections as I don't know much about PS2 discs. That protection scan can be disabled though, and I disabled it because I find protectionID to be more reliable and much quicker than BurnOut which DICUI uses.

Agent47 wrote:

It sounds like OP is referring to the console output message in DICUI before the submission info form pops up.
<snip>

Hi @Agent47 - that is exactly right.
I gave it another shot just now and turned off 'Protection Scan' but it still hangs at the "Gathering ...." message.
It really isn't a major issue for me as I'll just use Disc Image Creator.
It would have been nice though if the  software had just finished with the hashes for the track(s) just like the database:

#    Sectors    Size    CRC-32    MD5    SHA-1
1    2093056    4286578688    fef5e7fa    56a756f5774d78410ae243e8b28fae5a    c2fa735681e30ec85d1b14f147014716ddd0aa30