Hello. I have quite a bit to contribute including an undumped PS3 IDU disc and many, many, many titles where I can redump for verifying existing dumps for which there is only one. I have some broken Plextor drives on the way which I hope to repair and I have a launch PS3 with custom FW. I'd like to register to begin discussing how to rip the PS3 IDU disc. It is my understanding that they do not have keys so I do not need to do much of what is normally required.

Also, is there any interest in something like, say, Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo 1FAAT and 1FADT? I only see 1FABT and 1FACT in the database but I happen to have these (presumably earlier and later printings). I actually have two FADTs and may have two compatible Plextor drives (assuming I can fix both) so I might be able to self-verify that one with a second disc/second rip. smile

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping_Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Yes, any alternative matrix variations are highly welcome. Verifications of already existing entries as well, you would make sure that your drive is working as we need it to be. Thank you.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

4 (edited by CZroe 2020-05-24 02:00:15)

iR0b0t wrote:

Yes, any alternative matrix variations are highly welcome. Verifications of already existing entries as well, you would make sure that your drive is working as we need it to be. Thank you.

Yes, I am reasonably confident I can repair at least one of the drives. The PX-W5224TA (on the supported list) is just jammed and might need a belt, gear, or lubrication (tray doesn't eject). Worst case, I can manually bypass the tray. I do have 3D printers if I need to fabricate a part. The PX-W2410TA (not on the supported list) makes grinding noises when trying to read a disc (belt or gear slipping?). Regardless, both sound like physical issues and I can probably deal with those even if it means buying another parts drive.

The IDU disc is Fall 2013 PS3 IDU 4.46. I picked it up at the flea market last weekend for a couple bucks and I was surprised to find it isn't already dumped. With many of the other undumped discs listed as "purchased" by another user and most IDU discs going for $50 and up, I thought I'd save everyone the trouble/expense. smile

Thanks again. I will follow the guides to the letter on my next day off!