Download: https://github.com/superg/redump_info/r … 0505pre.7z (Windows 64-bit release binaries)
Basically working on my PSX dumps and verification submissions I realized that I spend too much time on routine things like running psxt001z and edccchk, libcrypt mumbo jumbo, double check IsoBuster date, exe names and so on, if you dump PSX you know what I am talking about. So some time ago I started writing a batch tool which will simplify as much as it can to make my life easier. At this point I've been using it for a few weeks and I can say that the basic functionality is there and all is left is to make the command line more user friendly before it can be used by a wider audience.
So what it is and how that works:
Let's say you dumped a lot of PSX discs using DIC and now you have to come up with the submission information for every dump. If you used DICUI you have !submissionInfo.txt file you have to fill and that will be used to submit a new disc or a verification. Or you can just run the tool in the directory with your dumps (or one dump, doesn't matter), it recursively scans all the dumps and creates !submissionInfo_<GameName>.txt per game with all the information by analyzing the image files and getting as much information from redump DAT file. The only things that aren't filled are barcode and ring codes. It doesn't depend on DICUI at all and it's detached from DIC output as much as possible (*_disc.txt file is needed to get write offset and *.sub is needed for PAL libcrypt games). In fact it will generate a submission info file using just *.cue and *.bin file set.
1. redump DAT lookup, useful for verifications or just to identify some random dump, will fetch maximum information it can from the DAT
2. extract exe filename / serial / local date from SYSTEM.CNF, that is performed on the image file by traversing ISO9660 filesystem, it will not hang like psxt001z for the games where exe is named differently than retail game. No IsoBuster is needed as the date is coming directly from ISO directory record.
3. errors count calculation, that includes subheader warnings count checked by edccchk. Simply you don't have to run edccchk as you will get the final number to enter into redump
4. EDC is always determined properly, no hex viewing and psxt001z is needed.
5. Anti-modchip string search is performed on ISO9660 file level, that saves a lot of time because you don't need to dump with DIC "/am" option which saves one DIC full pass. Also because it's performed on a file level it's able to find more comparing to DIC - currently DIC is unable to find strings across sector boundary so we should have more anti-modchip games in redump than we currently have (I already found some)
6. libcrypt is detected by analyzing *.sub file, the implementation is so much simpler then psxt001z. Output format is as close to redump as I could do, SBI file is generated as well (all SubQ's with incorrect CRC).
7. PVD, DAT info and other stuff is done exactly like DICUI, I calculate all the checksums myself and it doesn't depend on DIC
All this is really a bigger framework than just this tool, I can mass process a lot of roms and get some statistics, like exe filenames, anti-mod games etc, anything I need. I will make the source available as soon as I clean up the things and figure out command line interface. If anybody wants to try it now, let me know and I can send the binary.
redump_info submission --dat-file <path to redump DAT file> <path to process>
This is work in progress, I will add some proper examples a bit later.