Hello.
I have two Wii games which I'd like to dump, but the guide mentions that I need the datfile and I need to be a dumper in order to download it.
I'm not sure if the games are already dumped or verified (one of them is a local version of a karaoke game, so I'm wondering if its already dumped or verified and want to do it in case is not)
I'd like to politely ask if there's any requirement to access the datfiles or the dumper status, if it's a status you are currently giving to new collaborators and if there's something I should do to apply to it.
Thank you very much.

You don't actually need the datfile in order to dump games. Also, in case you can't get the datfile from Redump, CleanRip lets you download a Wii datfile that's publicly hosted on a different server. The only problem with not having the datfile is that you won't know whether something is a new dump or verification, but that little problem can be handled by whoever is adding your dump to the database. It's safe to assume that essentially any Wii disc you dump (as long as it's not listed here) is a verification, though.

The dumper status is granted once you have dumped a few games. The number of dumps you've submitted this far should be sufficient – you'll just have to wait for them to get added.

JosJuice wrote:

You don't actually need the datfile in order to dump games. Also, in case you can't get the datfile from Redump, CleanRip lets you download a Wii datfile that's publicly hosted on a different server. The only problem with not having the datfile is that you won't know whether something is a new dump or verification, but that little problem can be handled by whoever is adding your dump to the database. It's safe to assume that essentially any Wii disc you dump (as long as it's not listed here) is a verification, though.

The dumper status is granted once you have dumped a few games. The number of dumps you've submitted this far should be sufficient – you'll just have to wait for them to get added.

I'm sorry, but because the Dumping guide mentions that the software needs the dat file in order to dump the game I haven't tried yet.
I'll dump it anyway, but I want to be sure that the dump was worth and valid.
As I don't know if the game has verification, but isn't included in the "Disc not yet dumped" list, I'll post it in the verification forum.
Thank you for your reply.

pohclan wrote:

I'm sorry, but because the Dumping guide mentions that the software needs the dat file in order to dump the game I haven't tried yet.

CleanRip doesn't require the datfile for dumping (every dump I have made has been done without using a datfile), and I can't find any place where the dumping guide says it's required (it is listed under "Optional Requirements (Strongly recommended)", though).