Is the offset of an audio CD ripped with DIC a combined offset?

blemm wrote:

Currently there's no way to detect the offset for the Audio-only discs. The only thing you can do is to check the first track's pregap and leadout for the shifted non-zero data and tweak the offset manually to shift that data back to the track.

F1ReB4LL wrote:
blemm wrote:

Currently there's no way to detect the offset for the Audio-only discs. The only thing you can do is to check the first track's pregap and leadout for the shifted non-zero data and tweak the offset manually to shift that data back to the track.

OK if there is no data in the readout?
Do I need to make manual adjustments every time?
Are the contents of the audio CD all in the .bin?

blemm wrote:

OK if there is no data in the readout?

Then you only compensate the drive's reading offset. If you have a +30 Plextor, then it should be dumped as +30. DIC/DICUI should do it automatically.

blemm wrote:

Do I need to make manual adjustments every time?

Only if you see some shifted data in the 'service' areas either before the 1st track or after the last track, but it's a rare case.

blemm wrote:

Are the contents of the audio CD all in the .bin?

If the data wasn't shifted to the 'service' areas - yes; if it was shifted, but you've set the custom offset - also yes.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Then you only compensate the drive's reading offset. If you have a +30 Plextor, then it should be dumped as +30. DIC/DICUI should do it automatically.

Is it necessary to correct (+30) with the -a option even if the drive offset is in the database?

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Only if you see some shifted data in the 'service' areas either before the 1st track or after the last track, but it's a rare case.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

If the data wasn't shifted to the 'service' areas - yes; if it was shifted, but you've set the custom offset - also yes.

What kind of CD does shift occur even after correction?

Of course, it is a prerequisite to use a drive that can overread.

blemm wrote:

Is it necessary to correct (+30) with the -a option even if the drive offset is in the database?

"DIC/DICUI should do it automatically." => no -a needed.

blemm wrote:

What kind of CD does shift occur even after correction?

You need to check the sectors -1 and leadout+1 before dumping. If they are empty - you don't do any additional correction and dump without "-a"; if they aren't empty, then you set additional correction using -a. There shouldn't be any additional shift after that.

Sometimes, you may see data in both sectors -1 and leadout+1, such cases need to be additionally examined.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

You need to check the sectors -1 and leadout+1 before dumping.

What method is appropriate to check?

blemm wrote:

What method is appropriate to check?

IsoBuster's sector viewer or similar.

Which method is appropriate for Linux?

I have a question about how to rip a disk swap,
Because the method is excellent, is the TOC of the hack music CD 99 minutes?

blemm wrote:

Which method is appropriate for Linux?

No idea. You can try to use IsoBuster under WINE or try to find a similar *nix tool. Or you can rip a couple of separate sectors with DIC, it allows to extract ranges. Like, to rip -5 to -1 and leadout to leadout+5, for example.

blemm wrote:

I have a question about how to rip a disk swap,
Because the method is excellent, is the TOC of the hack music CD 99 minutes?

99 minutes is needed for DC, for normal CDs you can take any pressed music disc, but its total size should not be smaller than your target data CD's size.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

No idea. You can try to use IsoBuster under WINE or try to find a similar *nix tool. Or you can rip a couple of separate sectors with DIC, it allows to extract ranges. Like, to rip -5 to -1 and leadout to leadout+5, for example.

Is the latest IsoBuster available in Wine?

The reason that .sub (subcode file) does not exist in database is

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … nformation

As written in
Because there is no error correction code, can not copy correctly?
Can't I get the correct subcode even with PLEXTOR?

blemm wrote:

Is the latest IsoBuster available in Wine?

Try it and tell us smile

blemm wrote:

The reason that .sub (subcode file) does not exist in database is
http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … nformation
As written in
Because there is no error correction code, can not copy correctly?
Can't I get the correct subcode even with PLEXTOR?

Depends on whether to fix all the small read errors and mastering errors or not. If yes - can be copied quite easily with stable results. Otherwise, you need many rereads of the same disc on 2-3 different drives. We have an experimental subchannels reading tool if you want to test your discs and drives.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Depends on whether to fix all the small read errors and mastering errors or not. If yes - can be copied quite easily with stable results. Otherwise, you need many rereads of the same disc on 2-3 different drives. We have an experimental subchannels reading tool if you want to test your discs and drives.

Even if PLEXTOR can read SubCode correctly, it is not in DB because .sub is unnecessary?
Is there no problem even if the .sub of the protected CD that uses the SubCode is not in the DB?
What is that experimental SubCode reading tool?

blemm wrote:

Even if PLEXTOR can read SubCode correctly, it is not in DB because .sub is unnecessary?

Plextors have weak lasers and they read subchannels worse than other drives. So, don't say "Plextor can read subcode correctly".
They have a pack subchannels reading mode, but it can be used for CD+G discs only, since it destroys any unusual data in R-W channels (same for 0xD8 when used for reading the subchannels in some cases), so, better not to use.

blemm wrote:

Is there no problem even if the .sub of the protected CD that uses the SubCode is not in the DB?

DB only supports libcrypt and securom subs for now.

blemm wrote:

What is that experimental SubCode reading tool?

Subdump.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Plextors have weak lasers and they read subchannels worse than other drives. So, don't say "Plextor can read subcode correctly"
They have a pack subchannels reading mode, but it can be used for CD+G discs only, since it destroys any unusual data in R-W channels (same for 0xD8 when used for reading the subchannels in some cases), so, better not to use..

I'm sorry.
If PLEXTOR is not good, which drive is better and which method is better?

F1ReB4LL wrote:

since it destroys any unusual data in R-W channels

What is unusual data?

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Subdump.

Where can I download subdump?

I'm not familiar with the CD scramble, is there any page detailing it?

Where are the securom and libcrypt databases?

blemm wrote:

If PLEXTOR is not good, which drive is better and which method is better?

My Optiarc AD-7200A reads the subs with less errors, for example.

blemm wrote:

What is unusual data?

Any non-CD+G data in R-W areas. For example, many PSX games have a specific sequence there that consisists of 0x01, 0x02, 0x03 bytes, Plextor's cooked sub reading mode wipes it.

blemm wrote:

Where can I download subdump?

On this forum.

blemm wrote:

I'm not familiar with the CD scramble, is there any page detailing it?

https://www.ecma-international.org/publ … ma-130.htm

blemm wrote:

Where are the securom and libcrypt databases?

I don't know any.

The Q channel files (.sbi, .lsd) of libcrypt and SecuROM (~ v3) were in the db of redump, I overlooked it.  (PSX was also at http://psxdatacenter.com/sbifiles.html)

What is the difference between .sbi and .lsd?
.sbi can be created with psxt001z, but how do I create .lsd?
Can I create .sbi and .lsd with subdump?

blemm wrote:

What is the difference between .sbi and .lsd?

lsd contains more data, but both are technically cut-off sub files.

blemm wrote:

Can I create .sbi and .lsd with subdump?

Directly - no, .sub files only. You can probably convert them into sbi and lsd somehow (but what for? sbi and m3s files are only useable with psx emulators).

F1ReB4LL wrote:

convert them into sbi and lsd

Is it for running on an emulator?

F1ReB4LL wrote:

(but what for?

Redump db has .sbi and .lsd so I just want to know how to create it

What is .m3s?

Once again: lsd, sbi, m3s contain stripped data from sub files. Some very old epsxe plugins could create them, psxt001z tool could also create m3s, maybe there are also standalone converters, no idea. If you're going to dump subchannels - dump them into .sub, there's no reason to use lsd/sbi/m3s at all, those are obsolete formats used to save some hdd space in the past.

If I create a .sub with psxt001z, does that mean I don't need any other format?

If .sub is not listed in DB, is the result of using options such as / s not reflected?
Are / s etc. used for libcrypt and securom?

blemm wrote:

If I create a .sub with psxt001z, does that mean I don't need any other format?

psxt001z doesn't create subs.

blemm wrote:

If .sub is not listed in DB, is the result of using options such as / s not reflected?

If it is not listed, it doesn't have a libcrypt/securom protection.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

I was wrong,Convert rather than create

F1ReB4LL wrote:

there's no reason to use lsd/sbi/m3s at all,

Someday Will DB lsd be replaced by .sub?

blemm wrote:
F1ReB4LL wrote:

I was wrong,Convert rather than create

Then I don't understand your question. "If I create a .sub with psxt001z, does that mean I don't need any other format?" - I've meant you'd better preserve all the subs, not only their lsd/sbi/m3s parts.

blemm wrote:
F1ReB4LL wrote:

there's no reason to use lsd/sbi/m3s at all,

Someday Will DB lsd be replaced by .sub?

Try to ask iR0b0t, he is the only one who has an access to the db...