i am very interested in the dreamcast redump to tosec program that LedZeppelin68 made thats posted here http://forum.redump.org/topic/17099/dre … converter/...i dont need you guys to go through creating an account for me as im pretty sure i dont have much i could help you guys out with dumping wise, since you guys are beasts...but im wondering if someone could post this program for me....im missing some tosec stuff and this would be super helpful! pretty pretty please?

http://forum.redump.org/topic/20912/ - updated the sendspace link.

thanks! for the link!!!!! im now having some issues getting it working can i post in the thread about it?

@bilsmaks.

What is your problem?

Which way are you converting?

if you see my comment at the end of that thread, since we switched to .cue instead of .gdi for these discs (it's a long and very much maligned topic) then some manual steps editing the dat are required when converting in certain circumstances.

im trying to go from redump to tosec, it seems to fix track02.raw but nothing else

6 (edited by wiggy2k 2019-12-30 20:10:54)

which image exactly ?
is that the only track that needs fixing? that behaviour doesn't sound right.

here for example is my recently submitted dump (for Redump) of "Chocolat - Maid Cafe 'Curio' Taikenban"
it's not even in the redump DB yet.

if i put my binary files in the working folder.
add the destination DAT (in this case "Sega Dreamcast - Samplers (TOSEC-v2019-12-22_CM).dat")
select the dump and destination folder and click convert.

all three files (tracks) are rebuilt to the folder i selected as the destination:

https://i.ibb.co/7bYKbZC/Capture.jpg

The output folder then contains a set of files that match the TOSEC / Dumpcast dump:

https://i.ibb.co/7S73syD/output.jpg

so far ive got the setup correct and using the tosec dat, im trying to fix the following redump games back into tosec:
sorry if this displays horribly...

redump archive-->tosec(im trying to convert to)

Iris (Japan).7z-->Iris v1.000 (2003)(KID)(JP)[!]
Moekan (Japan).7z-->Moekan - Moekko Company v1.001 (2003)(Princess Soft)(JP)[!]
Neo Golden Logres (Japan) (En,Ja).7z-->Neo Golden Logres v1.000 (2000)(Success)(JP)[!]
Net Versus - Igo (Japan).7z-->Net Versus - Igo v1.005 (2001)(Atmark)(JP)[!]
Pachi-Slot Teiou - Dream Slot - Heiwa SP (Japan).7z-->Pachi-Slot Teiou Dream Slot - Heiwa SP v1.001 (2001)(Media Entertainment)(JP)[!]
Pachinko no Dendou - CR Nanasy (Japan).7z-->Pachinko no Dendou - CR Nanasy v1.000 (2001)(Microcabin)(JP)[!]
Pizzicato Polka - Ensa Gen'ya (Japan).7z-->Pizzicato Polka - Ensa Genya v1.001 (2004)(KID)(JP)[!]
Sangokushi VI with Power-Up Kit (Japan).7z-->Sangokushi VI with Power-Up Kit v1.000 (2000)(KOEI)(JP)[!]
Sega Tetris (Japan) (Rev A).7z-->Sega Tetris v2.000 (2000)(Sega)(JP)[!]
Sentimental Graffiti - Yakusoku (Japan).7z-->Sentimental Graffiti - Yakusoku v1.003 (2003)(NEC InterChannel)(JP)[!]
Super Robot Taisen Alpha (Japan).7z-->Super Robot Taisen Alpha for Dreamcast v1.016 (2001)(Banpresto)(JP)[!][5M1, 5M3]
Weakness Hero Torauman DC (Japan) (Game Disc).7z-->Weakness Hero Torauman DC v1.001 (2002)(NEC InterChannel)(JP)(Game Disc)[!]
Yukawa Moto Senmu no Otakara Sagashi (Japan).7z-->Yukawa Moto Senmu no Otakara Sagashi v1.002 (1999)(Sega)(JP)[!][3M2, 3MB2]

example of files

redump file:Iris (Japan).7z extracted to working dir
working dir files:
Iris (Japan) (Track 1).bin
Iris (Japan) (Track 2).bin
Iris (Japan) (Track 3).bin
Iris (Japan).cue
output dir:d:\temp
choose dat:dat\Sega Dreamcast - Games - JP (TOSEC-v2019-12-20_CM).dat
choose dump:Iris v1.000 (2003)(KID)(JP)[!]

click convert it instantly says complete and nothing is in the output dir and no log of anything being done

the only way i was able to get it to convert the track02.raw was converting the bin/cue redump using an app i found that converts bin/cue to gdi called gdidrop...then using the gdemu_sd app that has a convert to gdemu feature, then running that through here...but it only fixed track02.raw... so i aborted that method for now

hope this helps!!

*edit*

the only way i was able to get it to convert the track02.raw was converting the bin/cue redump using an app i found that converts bin/cue to gdi called gdidrop...then using the gdemu_sd app that has a convert to gdemu feature, then running what that outputted through this app...but it only fixed track02.raw... so i aborted that method for now

9 (edited by wiggy2k 2019-12-30 21:29:21)

bilsmaks wrote:

click convert it instantly says complete and nothing is in the output

ah OK,

Delete the .cue file from your source (working) directory.

it will then work

you are a LEGEND!! it works thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!