Do I have to use / raw to rip the DVD correctly?

RAW DVD dumping is theoretically useful to preserve the discs with CSS protection, but it stresses the drive heavily and I'm not aware of any programs that could convert the 2064 RAW images into 2048 + CSS keys.

Do you use /raw only for DVD-Video?
By the way, is it for the DVD where /c is also used CSS?

I think both "/raw" and "/c" are for experiments.

So, when ripping a DVD, is there no problem if /raw and /c are not considered?

If you want to get as much data as possible - "/raw" and "/c" are needed. If you only want to dump for redump.org - not needed.

Is the DVD option basically unnecessary.
Thank you admin.

I am very sorry. I have three more question.
but is it safe to specify ALPHA-ROM and Safe-disc DVD without any options?
Is the submission without Barcode invalid?
Is it unnecessary to use /a and /f?

bengerd wrote:

I am very sorry. I have three more question.
but is it safe to specify ALPHA-ROM and Safe-disc DVD without any options?

For SafeDisc DVDs there was a test version of DIC with the "/sf" switch enabled for DVDs, try to ask sarami for details.

Alpha-ROM is listed as unsupported in readme.md:

## Unsupported Disc
  Protected Disc
  - SecuROM(v4.x or higher), StarForce, CD-Cops [recording density] 
     => These needs DPM(Data position measurement). cue, ccd doesn't support DPM.
        You need to use the [Alcohol 120/52%](http://www.alcohol-soft.com/) to store it,
  - Alpha-ROM, ROOT, TAGES [duplicated(double, triple) sector] 
     => It can read in reverse, but specifications are not decided in redump.org

bengerd wrote:

Is the submission without Barcode invalid?

You mean the box or spinecard/obi barcode? No, they are optional.

bengerd wrote:

Is it unnecessary to use /a and /f?

/f is recommended for the protected and scratched discs (safer cache erasing), but not necessary. Also recommended for dumping very small discs (smaller than 8 MB for PX-716A, smaller than 2MB for other Plextors).
/a is usually not needed (sometimes needed when the Audio CD verification doesn't match the redump.org entry).

Answer thank you admin.
Safe-DiscDVD is officially not implemented, OK
The specification of ALPHA-ROMDVD is not decided = not supported, OK.
Isn't the /a and barcode mandatory for discs submitted for the first time?

bengerd wrote:

Isn't the /a and barcode mandatory for discs submitted for the first time?

Option (for CD read mode)
/a      Add CD offset manually (Only Audio CD)
val     samples value

This "/a"? Nope, usually not needed (as described in my previous post). Barcodes aren't mandatory, only the ringcodes are really important.

Thank you for a polite answer.
Sorry to trouble you, but can I ask three more questions at the end?
Can DiscImageCreator correctly detect and output the hidden HDCD track, HTOA (hidden track), pregap, subcode and TOC pre-emphasis flags to CUE?
http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … _(DIC_CLI)
Be aware that the PX-716 series (possibly other DVD drives) is unsuitable for dumping some SafeDisc versions (Illegal MSF).
It is written that,
Can not rip Safe-Disc correctly with PX-716?
Is / s 2 more accurate than / np, / nq, / nr?

Can DiscImageCreator correctly detect and output the hidden HDCD track, HTOA (hidden track), pregap, subcode and TOC pre-emphasis flags to CUE?

HDCD doesn't have any special CUE flags, it is detected by the track contents, I think.
Hidden tracks should be supported, at least the CD-i Ready discs can be dumped properly (the data track there is hidden in the pregap).
Pregaps are supported.
Subcode - what do you mean?
PRE flags are supported (DCP and 4CH flags also), CATALOG and ISRC, CD-TEXT fields (ARTIST, PERFORMER, etc.) are supported.

Can not rip Safe-Disc correctly with PX-716?

Yes, it seems.

Is / s 2 more accurate than / np, / nq, / nr?

"/s 2" should fix more random errors, "/np /nq /nr" should give the subchannels "as is", without any fixes. If you want the unfixed sub - "/np /nq /nr" is accurate, if you want the sub without random errors - "/s 2" is accurate.

Thank you very kind and polite admin!
I have to buy the drive again...

The pre-emphasis flag stands in the subcode and TOC, but some CDs stand only in one or the other.
Incidentally, EAC does not support pre-emphasis flags recorded only in subcodes.
CUERipper is both supported.

I don't know if DIC supports PRE flag from TOC, but it does support them in the subcodes. PRE sometimes exists on game discs, http://redump.org/disc/29309/ - example.

15 (edited by Madroms 2019-07-26 17:32:52)

bengerd wrote:

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … _(DIC_CLI)
Be aware that the PX-716 series (possibly other DVD drives) is unsuitable for dumping some SafeDisc versions (Illegal MSF).

Could this be a bug only found in the latest firmware of 716 ?
DIC may let us dump with previous firmware to test this, if it was not already tested.

Saturn Database {-} Retro Deals search engine that helps you find stuff (plextor drives, games, etc.) easily on eBay {-} My Redump Logs

Thanks admin.
Just in case, I will check with other software again.

Madroms wrote:

Could this be a bug only found in the latest firmware of 716 ?
DIC may let us dump with previous firmware to test this, if it was not already tested.

> Is this a bug only found in the latest firmware of 716?
I do not know, please tell me if it turns out.
At that time I would like to rip.