Is it possible to have 2 recent dump lists on the main page ?
One for consoles, one for PC/MAC ? (audio CD and DVD-video on one or another list).
As there are a lot of PC dumps lately and I am not interested in them, it will be easier to see easily the new dumps.
I am sure it will also have some interests to others.

To add on the Todo list ? wink

Saturn Database {-} Retro Deals search engine that helps you find stuff (plextor drives, games, etc.) easily on eBay {-} My Redump Logs

I think it will be too much, because i have to add another list for recent changed discs as well.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

But you can add the single system filters by yourself. Like, http://redump.org/discs/sort/added/dir/desc/system/ss/

You can also use the RSS feed and filter out the unneeded systems in your news reader.

iR0b0t wrote:

I think it will be too much, because i have to add another list for recent changed discs as well.

A list of recent changed discs is also interested, but less than any new dump lists. Also, it will have too much entries everyday so not really useful and easy to look at (when you see the RSS feed for it with 500 results: less than 1 week of entries as there are too much changes made).

F1ReB4LL wrote:

But you can add the single system filters by yourself. Like, http://redump.org/discs/sort/added/dir/desc/system/ss/

You can also use the RSS feed and filter out the unneeded systems in your news reader.

This is not what I wanted to do. I am interesting to get all the new dumps EXCEPT PC/MAC, without the need to browse each platforms separately (SS, MCD, PSX, 3DO, PS2, etc.).
And I don't want to use an extra piece of software just for this purpose.
I really find the tiny list on the main page really useful, and I think there could be 3 different lists, or some tabs to switch from one to the others.

Saturn Database {-} Retro Deals search engine that helps you find stuff (plextor drives, games, etc.) easily on eBay {-} My Redump Logs

5 (edited by Nexy 2019-06-17 23:54:32)

You can also already sort by most recently modified.

I am not interested in any console stuff at all, or stuff with foreign languages, the main page doesn't bother me regardless.

Just open multiple tabs with each console you are interested in, bookmark it. You can then sort by most recently modified when loading the page.

I would prefer ir0b0t spend time doing things that need to be added to the site rather than convenience things people can do on their own.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

6 (edited by Madroms 2019-06-19 20:26:41)

I will repeat myself as I didn't give too much details:
I am asking for a light, well optimized query with only a few data returned, like the results on the main page:
20 to 50 results max
with only 4 columns: Date/time added (so you know easily the new dumps added since your last visit), flag, hardware, title
But with PC/MAC excluded.
The query is already written, only an additional where clause has to be added to it. This query is light and well optimized for the server, and very fast. The page served is also very light with only few kb to download.

I don't want to:
- use the RSS feed with 500 results, full of data I am not interested in at first, with a heavy query that takes seconds to finish. + the need to use another software to filter the results.
- have 50+ pages to browse, with 500 results, full of data I am not interested in at first and without the most important data: the date/time added, with 50 queries that take seconds to finish.
These solutions give bad UX, are 20-100 times heavier for the server and give a lot more data to download uselessly.

Yes, IR0b0t has some other tasks to do, I know and I understand. But my request is easy to implement and could give the users of the site a good/better experience.