Hi,

I just used PackISO to pack and then unpack a file, but after it unpack the 7zip file, it deleted it, is there any way to use unpack.exe so that it only extract the image but don't delete the original 7z file.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
BadSector

Hey BadSector smile
ask Dremora, unpackIso.exe contains no help index, I don't know that to...

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

3 (edited by BadSector 2008-03-06 09:58:38)

Hi, IRObOt,

well i find that out, before compressing or uncompressing, it make a batch file, edit that batch file and remove the del command come from it.

Thou i think if this software can be update so that a argument can be passed to it that should it delete the original file or not would be great.

PS: nice entries to the DB today. Keep up the good work.

4 (edited by BadSector 2008-03-12 14:57:39)

Here is a small VBscript which can be used to automate compressing of games, incase anyone needed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nitrgir0lda

its first searches for a non-empty subfolder, and if it find one passes that to packiso.exe

just open it in notepad first, and modify these two line

Line3: sBaseFolder = "E:\Test"   --Set it to the folder where you want the search to start.
line 54: oShell.Run "cmd /c E:\packIso\packIso.exe " & Chr(34) & oFolder.Path & Chr(34) , 1 , true    --update the packiso.exe path.

1. ClrMame can scan anything wink

2. ClrMame does not recognize the packed datatrack either, because it was reduced to ECM-format before packing it with 7z.

3. You can use unpackiso to restore the previous uncompressed binary files. Those files are in the database and in the dat-file and thus are recognized by ClrMame.

There could be another dat file that would contain the ecm'd and ape'd format. But that would require too much work. In fact i consider packiso to not be the best thing to use, as it does not use optimal settings (ape encoder with slower insane setting could reduce audio track data by another 5-10MB and optimized 7z settings could reduce in further compression too, without being too memory intensive. A 32MB dictionary requires 372MB of memory for packing, which means every computer with 1GB of RAM can handle that. Also one could use the advanced options which would make the process slower but the compression better. Equally on all computers out there.)