1 (edited by Hiccup 2018-11-19 23:55:40)

Is each dump stored separately in the database?
E.g. could someone (with direct access to the database, if necessary) see that a certain box serial goes with a certain disc ringcode, or a certain box barcode goes with a certain box serial?

No, they are not linked. You can only see a possible relationship from "edit history" aka RSS.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Ah. I thought that'd be the case. I guess you can (manually) see the relationship from the history, but I think storing the relationship properly in the database would be a good improvement.

That would probably be a good addition, but its not that easy to realize or to make a good concept of how it is supposed to work.

Since we combine all toolstamp and mould code revisions of a unique ringcode in a single entry your suggestion would not work out. Besides of that, there is a possibility that box covers and discs may be mixed from different packages by resellers for example. One would not know if they belong together for sure. The only way it would work out if we only dumped sealed packages.

The only manageable relationship I can think of right now are ringcodes and disc serials and all the other information which can be found on the disc itself.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

5 (edited by Hiccup 2018-11-20 16:54:25)

Its true that the packaging may be too unreliable for it to be worth linking with other info. Maybe the info could be presented as-is, and as a way for people to judge the reliability of the data, the page would list how many "verifications" there have been of that data. Or maybe there is a way to tell that something has been re-packaged? I don't know.

But I think it would definitely be a good idea to match ring codes + disc serials.

I've put this topic on my todo list, maybe we can work out the whole thing, we will see. Thanks for your suggestion.

7 (edited by Hiccup 2018-12-08 12:17:27)

iR0b0t wrote:

No, they are not linked. You can only see a possible relationship from "edit history" aka RSS.

Are there also records of the "new disc" form submissions?

Yes, they are available for review to staff members.

I suppose you can see what is essentially a "sanitised" version of the new disc submission by looking in a disc page's history.

I suggest that when this "seperated dumps" system is implemented, all old entries be kept with the old system and all further submissions be added using the new system. The old entries can be "ported" across to the new system on an individual basis - people could make fix threads where they provide evidence to demonstrate which bits of data go with which dump, e.g. using dump submission threads, disc page histories (and by asking dumpers or just working it out logically, if necessary)