Hi,

I'm new and have decided to dump my PSX discs. I had a little practice with a data-only game which matched the database, so that's fine. I'm now moving up a gear and trying to dump data+audio games, but I'm not sure about pregaps.  Below is a screenshot of EAC when I detect gaps for a particular game:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4702/eacuw4.png

Does the "gap" column refer to the pregap for that track or the pregap of the following track? I've re-read the Dumping Guide several times and it's still not clear. (According to the database, Track 01 pregap of this game should be 0:00 and Track 02 pregap should be 2:00).

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but I've got 100+ discs to dump, so I'd rather clear things up at this early stage. smile

Welcome..

yes, it should say 02.00 for the second track as well.. have you tried selecting a different gap detection method?.. also, there's a chance you first have to enter the correct offset correction before pressing the 'detect gaps' button..

if none of this works, you could either try a different drive if you have one OR you could try some other discs with audio tracks and hope that EAC detects the correct gaps on those..

Detection method B gives a gap of 5:42 for track 2, and method C stalls and fails to complete. Result is the same on two separate drives. I will try a different disc later and see if I have any luck.

ghostgecko wrote:

Detection method B gives a gap of 5:42 for track 2, and method C stalls and fails to complete. Result is the same on two separate drives. I will try a different disc later and see if I have any luck.

Ok.. then it's best to stick with method A.. I guess EAC isn't having any luck detecting the gap because it's a dummy track.. If you want to verify the existing dump you can just dump it with the 0.00 gap and add 352800 bytes at the start using a hex editor (if you need any help let us know).

OK, neither drive detects the Track 2 pregap when there is only one audio track, but one drive seems to pick them up when there are several audio tracks.

Now that I'm starting to get results, should I post a thread for each dump I do, or one thread with all my results, or is there some way I can add them to the database myself?

Dremora has to give you dumper status so you can use the New Disc menu.. if you're verifying existing entries you can just post them in the forums in a single thread.

ghostgecko wrote:

OK, neither drive detects the Track 2 pregap when there is only one audio track, but one drive seems to pick them up when there are several audio tracks.

EAC seems to have this bug (it doesn't detect the pregap) when the disc has only 1 audio track.
If I recall themabus was the one who told that in another thread, while he was explaining something about gap on another game.

Yeah it's an EAC bug. You have to add the pregap by hand. So if the pregap is 2.00 (most of the times), you have to append 352800 bytes of silence (00) to the beginning of track02.