I don't have any PSX/PS2 Original DISC, here in Pakistan mostly we only get the pirated discs, can those be used as a dump.

similarly all of my PSX games was downloaded from the internet, thou most of them come from peoples who dumped them from there original disc like fuzzball, The Real Spirit etc. I tried to convert few of those images by loading them in a virtual drive and them redumping them using the guide, and there CRC match with the one in the DB, does this mean i have a good dump now. As some of you may know i am running the complete PSX-JAP Project at UG, and i would like to have the games in proper dumps and compressed using torrentzip. so i want to be sure that the method i used was OK before converting all those images.

PS: i only have tried the data track only.

Regards,
BadSector

BadSector wrote:

I don't have any PSX/PS2 Original DISC, here in Pakistan mostly we only get the pirated discs, can those be used as a dump.

similarly all of my PSX games was downloaded from the internet, thou most of them come from peoples who dumped them from there original disc like fuzzball, The Real Spirit etc. I tried to convert few of those images by loading them in a virtual drive and them redumping them using the guide, and there CRC match with the one in the DB, does this mean i have a good dump now. As some of you may know i am running the complete PSX-JAP Project at UG, and i would like to have the games in proper dumps and compressed using torrentzip. so i want to be sure that the method i used was OK before converting all those images.

PS: i only have tried the data track only.

Regards,
BadSector

Yeah, you can convert some of your downloaded images.
The method you used is ok for good dumped ones.
Although, PSX isos on p2p bullshit are often bad dumps, ripped (some scene rls) or hacked(RHP, libcrypt), so it's meanless to convert all of ur isos.

I got some of UG PSX-US to convert them to PSXDB set, and many of them are bad dumps. hmm

Mr Driller pwns

Ya i know many of them are not good dumps, but atleast by converting them i will know which one of them are good and which of them are not. also by using torrentzip replacing the bad one will be much easier. also my personal experience show that no of bad JAP dumps are much lower then the US or PAL Dumps.

Also, There are not many JAP Entries in the DB (Only about 300 or so are present), where as i have about 2600+ Images. is there any way which i can use to see if a image might be a good dump, if its entry is not present in the BD.

There's no definite way to find bad dumps, which are not on the DB.
But, at least, you can check your converted .bin with CDmage.

You can check bad sectors with "Action>Scan For Corruption".
When there are bad sectors, your converted .bin is bad dump.
When there are no bad sectors, it must be a good dump, or ripped.

It's not 100% reliable, so the best way is to redump all from original CDs.
It should not be difficult for you to get the originals from ebay, internet-shops.

Mr Driller pwns

asapy wrote:

It should not be difficult for you to get the originals from ebay, internet-shops.

well it is very difficult,
first PayPal don't work for Pakistan
second not many companies ship to Pakistan. and those who do, they charge like hell.

anyhow thanks a lot for your help, for those games who don't have a entry in the DB yet, and don't have any error i will keep them till a good dump is known, others i will delete.

BadSector wrote:

similarly all of my PSX games was downloaded from the internet, thou most of them come from peoples who dumped them from there original disc like fuzzball, The Real Spirit etc.

You can trash all the Real Spirit's images - he used to hack every dump he ever posted on snesorama. We've even tried to submit patches for them to recover their original state. And most of his releases weren't taken from the original discs, but were downloaded from the net.

7 (edited by BadSector 2008-02-07 15:53:56)

K, Thanks for the info, i will keep that in mind.

No one has replied about ps2 games yet. they are very cheap here, i can get few if pirated DVD are ok.

There is no need to buy pirate discs for our DB because we are collecting info only from original licensed discs (even in case dumps from pirate and licensed discs are the same).

K, No Problem smile Just wanted to help

OK, need little help again,

I tried converting my games and about 90% of them worked ok for data track, but i am having problem with the audio track. i mostly get zeros not data. is there any way which i can use to extract the audio track using virtual drives.

second what is this patch thing and how can i make one, i might be able to provide fews if i know how they are created and work. also can i request some patch thou i am not a dumper or not.

last Question, if someone have good knowledge of torrentzip can he tell me that, if i use torrentzip to upload a not yet dumped game as a torrent, and afterward i find my dump is not 100% correct and then i find and replace it with a correct one, do others will need to download the whole game or the corrupt parts only, (If it is not allowed to mentioned torrents here please delete my third question)

BadSector wrote:

I tried converting my games and about 90% of them worked ok for data track, but i am having problem with the audio track. i mostly get zeros not data. is there any way which i can use to extract the audio track using virtual drives.

second what is this patch thing and how can i make one, i might be able to provide fews if i know how they are created and work. also can i request some patch thou i am not a dumper or not.

last Question, if someone have good knowledge of torrentzip can he tell me that, if i use torrentzip to upload a not yet dumped game as a torrent, and afterward i find my dump is not 100% correct and then i find and replace it with a correct one, do others will need to download the whole game or the corrupt parts only, (If it is not allowed to mentioned torrents here please delete my third question)

Any help about these Questions will be highly appreciated.

12 (edited by asapy 2008-02-20 10:05:26)

BadSector wrote:
BadSector wrote:

Any help about these Questions will be highly appreciated.

First answer, there's no way for audio tracks. Almost all of them are badly dumped.
But, you can fix the audio tracks with help of people, who have psxdb dumps.

second answer:
You can make patches with imagediff tool.
http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?id=1593
and yes, you can request patches.
However, the problem is who will make patches for you.
You need to help others before you are helped.

And, I think, personally, people here don't want to share things with so many people on torrents.
Some of torrentfreaks are totally lame, retarded. Even ripped .ISO+.MP3 shit are enough for them, if the game works on emulators. lol
I know them well. tongue

last answer:
If you upload a torrentzipped multi-track game and share it and you fix bad tracks after, others will have to download the game again, not only the corrupt tracks.

Mr Driller pwns

asapy wrote:

First answer, there's no way for audio tracks. Almost all of them are badly dumped.
But, you can fix the audio tracks with help of people, who have psxdb dumps.

Thanks, Then i will work on single datatrack games for now.

asapy wrote:

second answer:
You can make patches with imagediff tool.
http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?id=1593
and yes, you can request patches.
However, the problem is who will make patches for you.
You won't be helped unless you help and contribute to others.

Thanks for the Info, and no problem about getting the patched, i will only request them once i have uploaded few of them myself.

asapy wrote:

And, I think, personally, people here don't want to share things with so many people on torrents.
Some of torrentfreaks are totally lame, retarded. Even ripped .ISO+.MP3 shit are enough for them, if the game works on emulators. lol
I know them well. tongue

Ya totally agree with you , but there are two reason for me doing it, one is not everyone like that, i myself have a huge collection of downloaded games, but i would preferred to have a perfect rips of those even if its mean to download them all again.

second the more these good dump appeared on the net the more are the chance that peoples with original CD will come here to help.

asapy wrote:

last answer:
If you upload a torrentzipped multi-track game and share it and you fix bad tracks after, others will have to download the game again, not only the corrupt tracks.

OK then i will stick with RAR then.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Keep in mind that if you have an image with audio tracks CDMage will tell you the image has thousands of errors even if the audio data isn't currupted.

About images with audio tracks it is sometimes possible to recover the audio. using the --track command in psxt001z.exe

psxt001z.exe --track image.bin bytes_to_skip size crc-32 [r] [+/-/f] [s filename]
  Try to guess an offset correction of the image dump by searching a track with
  given size and CRC-32.
  r - Calculate crc with RIFF header.
  +/- - Search only for positive or negative offset correction.
  f - Search only for common offset corrections.
  s - Save track with given filename.

What you need to do is copy the offset first track and use the --track command to find the offset.

for instance for a game with this info (1 audio track):
data track size: 340649568
audio track size: 26732832
Audio track crc: 18e19684

I'd copy the data from zero to 340649567 to data.bin and the data from 340649567 to the end to audio.bin

now pad audio.bin with 20k zeros at the beginning and end.

now do psxt001z.exe --track audio.bin 20000 26732832 18e19684 s out.bin
now if the audio data isn't curupted it should spit out the corrected audio track and the offset (it may take a while). I've only done this on games with one audio track. I imagine it might be possible to do this on multi track games as well.

I use the HxD.exe hex editor for all the cutting and pasting.

Thanks for the info, once i am done with the Single track CD, i will try this method.

Hopefully i will be able to make it work.

Thanks a lot huygens, i tried ur method and it worked.
I did a little change in it thou
here what i did,

I use it on Ace Combat [J]

First i dumped the data tracked using ISO Buster.
Then i set 0 as offset in the EAC and dumped the second Tracked
now using a HEX editor i placed 20K zeros at the start and 20K zero at the end of the image.
after that i used this command provided by you
psxt001z.exe --track [Track Name] 20000 [Track Size] [Correct Track CRC] s [Output File Name]
it was able to find the correct CRC at 50 Samples
so i set 50 in the EAC and Extract all the tracked from 2-63 and all of them have correct CRC.

I would also like to know the thoughts of some seniour dumpers on this method. Since there CRC matched with the one in the DB, i think that are good Dumps now.

PS: this method only work if the image u use have correct/non Corrupted Data. I tried it on two different images of this game and it didn't work, then i find a correct version and it worked on it.

ah, great smile
What type of images did you convert perfectly?

I've converted 2-tracks games for some methods.
In my experience, only .mdf+.mds and .ccd+.sub+.img work fine for me.
.bin, .iso+.cue always lacks the last track.

Mr Driller pwns

Mine was Bin/cue, I use the Copy that fuzzball uploaded at extreme-games

Bye the way i have a image of "City Bravo! [NTSC-J] [SLPS-00361] [459MB]" on which the above method didn't work, the problem was coz the pregap sector has garbage in it instead of zeros. After toying with it for last two days i have found a method by which all the tracks except last one can be extracted properly(This mean it will not work on 2 track games). if someone know how to extract the audio track from a two track game, please share it here.

Now what i did was instead of pressing F4 in the EAC for finding the pregaps i just extracted them, this coz EAC to append 352800 zero in the end of the tracked, i then open the image, copy about 352000 or so zeros from the end of the file and paste it in the start, then i added 20000 zeros in the start and end of the file and used the above command, and it was able to find the correct offset and i have a perfect track file.

again it didn't work on last track, i am still trying to find a way for the last track, once done will update.