I've got a small PAL PlayStation collection and would like to contribute some files.
I'm also trying to fully understand how LibCrypt works and I'm in the process of making a .SBI/.LSD to .SUB converter tool, although I'm having a bit of trouble, I would still like to show the file format specifications.

I also have a rare pre-9/11 dump of SpiderMan 2: Enter Electro, for PAL. Dumped with CloneCD

Kippykip wrote:

I also have a rare pre-9/11 dump of SpiderMan 2: Enter Electro, for PAL. Dumped with CloneCD

Superb smile

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

I have an update on the *.SBI to *.SUB converter, I messed up the algorithm initially for the FSB to Sector function but I've fixed it now.

Now the RE3 boots using the SUB file! I got it to support the *.LSD files too.
https://i.imgur.com/zpbwqb1.png
I'll see if I can make add a BIN/CUE/SBI -> IMG/CUE/SUB/CDD converter, that way it's possible to burn unaltered LibCrypt games on a real Sony PlayStation.

It would be great to have a forum account, I'd be more than happy to make guides how to properly preserve LibCrypt'ed games! smile

Kippykip, is a GREAT honor to have you entering Redump. Dont worry, as soon as iRobot notices it, it will send you the account and password.

Can I ask you about the Spiderman disc? Do you have a pic of the disc or can tell us something about how you found it? Ive been leading an investigation over it and i thought it would really painful to find this version.

We are so happy to receive it, please, tell us about it if you can, im really curious!

diego-rbb-93 wrote:

Kippykip, is a GREAT honor to have you entering Redump. Dont worry, as soon as iRobot notices it, it will send you the account and password.

Can I ask you about the Spiderman disc? Do you have a pic of the disc or can tell us something about how you found it? Ive been leading an investigation over it and i thought it would really painful to find this version.

We are so happy to receive it, please, tell us about it if you can, im really curious!

Unfortunately I don't have it physically, it was passed on by a good friend SolidSnake11, who does a lot of PlayStation reverse engineering on his YouTube channel. He managed to get ahold of the disc and did a CloneCD dump of it and sent it to me. I've had a download link on my personal site for a while but noticed it wasn't even listed here.
I'm unsure whether he still has it, I'll have to ask him.

From what I've been told it looks exactly the same as the regular disc except the contents of the disc are different.
Some level names are renamed, the final cutscene now actually makes sense as he gives spidey a clue "top of the world!".

It's definitely the PAL version, with the same serial SLES-03623.
Here are the file dates within it:
https://i.imgur.com/qRXjlQH.png

If you're interested, I did an old report in college a few years ago about this version of the game, for a html assignment:
https://kippykip.com/otimb/spidey2000.html#H_SPIDER2

It has some good page sources on the bottom of it.

But if you want good footage of the level, SolidSnake11 has already done a video of the level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eBMBGOZIA0

Ideally we'd like to confirm there were no damaged sectors during the dump. Do you or SolidSnake11 know who owns the disc so we can confirm with them? A known bad dump rom of this has been on the internet for some time, so we'd like to get a confirmation on quality, perhaps by the current owner of the disc, if trackable.

user7 wrote:

Ideally we'd like to confirm there were no damaged sectors during the dump. Do you or SolidSnake11 know who owns the disc so we can confirm with them? A known bad dump rom of this has been on the internet for some time, so we'd like to get a confirmation on quality, perhaps by the current owner of the disc, if trackable.

I'm pretty certain there aren't any bad sectors, as we use "Abort on read error" for CloneCD when we share discs normally.
But I'll contact him to make sure, I've played this version through the whole game on a chipped PlayStation in the past with no issues. No cutscene skips whatsoever either.

Is there a easy way to check for bad sectors through the image right now or?
Might be a while before he responds.

Please hop onto the preservation discord to discuss when you get the chance smile

https://discord.gg/Drjcnyp

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping-Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)