When I submit a game shared by other person, I put in the comments the name of the person who shared the game.
Why was these comments removed in the last submitted games ?

If the comments section is not suitable for that, please add something to put who contributes the game / disk.
I think it's the least we can do for someone who lends his very valuable games to a stranger, so we can complete our BD.

It is to give a little value to the person who lends his games, that he is proud to do it and see that we appreciate it.

Regards

I love my XKey, my WODE and my 3Key.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.
Nada es verdad, todo está permitido.

Maybe two people could be credited for a single dump.
Or a new "thanks to" field could be added.

Mr. iR0b0t, maybe worth to make some Hall of Fame in the Wiki section or on the site itself to credit the donors properly without misusing the comments section?

4 (edited by Jackal 2018-06-08 21:09:05)

I removed these comments, because we need to be strict about who is the dumper and who gets credited.. some weeks ago, people were being credited as dumper in submissions, because they were the ones lending games to a dumper. This is not allowed, only the person who dumped the disc should be credited as dumper.

It's okay to thank people somewhere who are lending out discs, but let's not fill database fields with this info.

Okay, let's not use the comments field.
Then you could add a field in the database to put the name of who lends the disk.
This field could be limited, for example, to 20 or 30 characters.
It does not take much to put just a name.

I love my XKey, my WODE and my 3Key.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.
Nada es verdad, todo está permitido.

Would a "Credits" field fulfill your needs, guys? smile

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

iR0b0t wrote:

Would a "Credits" field fulfill your needs, guys? smile

I still think it has no place in a database.. it's not really relevant how the dumper obtained the disc. It would be better to make a wiki page or something to credit contributors.

Sure. I would agree with that. Feel free to create a wiki page, you don't need my assistance for that.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)