1) Does this refer to 68k Macs (probably not, looking at the discs that are listed there)? PPC? Intel? Mac OS 9? Mac OS X? Just anything called Macintosh?
2) How do hybrid discs work? Do they get listed under both PC and Mac, or just one of them?
3) Is the preferred dumping method the same as on PC?

I ask because I might have a few ancient Mac games lying around, I'll have to see later if I can get DiscImageCreator working.

1) Anything called a Macintosh disc, yes. Further notes about generations would not hurt.
2) Hybrid discs go into PC section as of now, with a note being a hybrid disc.
3) Its same, yes.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Probably worth to split the Mac section to 68k, PPC and Intel sections, these are different devices with a different architecture. Same for 'normal' Amiga and Amiga PPC.

I agree with this, but what is to be done with discs that can run on both 68k AND PPC Macs?

And should the Turbo-CD database be split based on which version of the System Card they use?

I personally think an OS tag would be a thing to introduce. It would absolutely benefit macOS and PC.

FatArnold wrote:

I personally think an OS tag would be a thing to introduce. It would absolutely benefit macOS and PC.

I agree.

BUT, we have 13297 existing PC dumps.

Who's going to fill in that info for all those discs?

7 (edited by FatArnold 2018-04-11 20:29:42)

ajshell1 wrote:

I agree.

BUT, we have 13297 existing PC dumps.

Who's going to fill in that info for all those discs?

The dumpers probably. Shouldn't be much different from other additions and fixes

OS tagging can become quite a nightmare though. is it enough to say "DOS", "Win16", "win32" etc and make assumptions about possible compatibility? or do we copy what the disc says "Win95-98" etc?
It's a dimention that would be great to capture, of course, but if required upfront mike make dumping just that much more cumbersome.

ajshell1 wrote:

And should the Turbo-CD database be split based on which version of the System Card they use?

Not really. Many of the Super System titles have some fancy screens if run on 1.x/2.x cards. Dracula X even has a mini-game there. And you can't run Win32 programs on Win16 at all (there's a Win32s extender for Win 3.x, though, but it's a different story).

Win16, Win32, Win64 sections should be enough, Win95/98 can go to the comments, though, there are titles that require exactly Windows 95 and can't be run on Windows 98 as well as titles that want Windows 98 or newer and can't be run on 95.

OS Tag isn't enough for these. Also, x64 soft requires x64 hardware and it is way different from x86, that's just not correct to put them into the same section.