1 (edited by LedZeppelin68 2018-04-15 15:02:43)

"one click" solution

you need ~1GB of RAM, .NET, dats

https://i.imgur.com/fYWAxb1.png

1st you choose there dump is located
2nd choose the output directory
3rd choose DAT file
4th choose the game

convert, that's all

update 4:
fixed: form1 pregap generation
fixed: handling games with apostrophe in filenames
added: handling exceptions of blank fields

update 5:
added: compiled with "Anu CPU" preset
added: logging

update 6:
added: gdi generation
fixed: "save log" works properly

update 7:
util will stop searching after 1st succesfull match, this will speed up process a little bit and prevents situations mentioned by jhmiller

Post's attachments

dcconverter6.zip 985.35 kb, 77 downloads since 2018-02-11 

dcconverter7.zip 13.56 kb, 126 downloads since 2018-04-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Can we trust the Dreamcast dumps sources of TOSEC as a secure bet on preserving the fullset?

3 (edited by jhmiller 2018-02-08 22:35:51)

Thanks LedZeppelin68.
I'm going to try it.

Edit:
2 Suggestions:
Can you generate the gdi ?
Quit the "Complete" for each track and show the progress in the bottom textbox.
Something like "Waiting... Converting Track 1 / x" and when the process has finished show "Completed".
Can you check the game "Shutokou Battle (Jap)" (http://redump.org/disc/5716/): It does not do the conversion.

Many thanks for this app.
If it works well, it is something that I am sure I will use a lot.

I love my XKey, my WODE and my 3Key.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.
Nada es verdad, todo está permitido.

diego-rbb-93 wrote:

Can we trust the Dreamcast dumps sources of TOSEC as a secure bet on preserving the fullset?

TOSEC:
audio tracks not offset corrected

that's why there is several dumps of one game that differs only with one audio track (sonic, shenmue)

BUT

TOSEC dumps works with emulators and gdemu

jhmiller wrote:

Thanks LedZeppelin68.
I'm going to try it.

Edit:
2 Suggestions:
Can you generate the gdi ?
Quit the "Complete" for each track and show the progress in the bottom textbox.
Something like "Waiting... Converting Track 1 / x" and when the process has finished show "Completed".
Can you check the game "Shutokou Battle (Jap)" (http://redump.org/disc/5716/): It does not do the conversion.

Many thanks for this app.
If it works well, it is something that I am sure I will use a lot.

now the util shows some progress status
no gdi at the moment, will research it soon

Shutokou Battle (Jap) works for me

https://i.imgur.com/3iaEsKX.png

6 (edited by jhmiller 2018-02-09 21:32:45)

Shutokou is working. I don´t know why, but my antivirus was blocking access to the folder. Sorry.
I continue to test the conversion with other games.
Waiting for the gdi creation smile
Without this feature I cannot test the converted games in the GDEMU or USBGDRom.

Edit:
The "Save Log" feature saves the game list, not the log.

Until now I converted these games and compared the files between converted and TOSEC and all is OK !!!:
Sega GT - Homologation Special (Japan)
Shutokou Battle (Japan)
Soukou no Kihei - Space Griffon (Japan)
Space Channel 5 (Japan)
Test Drive Le Mans (USA) (En,Fr,Es)

Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.

Util is updated

I continue to test the application and it works very well.
Thanks for adding the gdi function.
For me this application is MANDATORY.

Just to say something, I would modify the way to choose the output format (Points 3 and 4).
It is not very clear if it will be created in the Redump format or in the TOSEC format.
Until I have used it a couple of times I have not known how to choose the output format.

Many thanks LedZeppelin68

Actual Dreamcast emulator reference is Redream. We could talk with Inolen, actual author/boss to see if he could implement compatibility with our original Dumps.

No, we need to switch to cue+tracks first, then there would be a point to ask to add such dumps into emus. Our gdis are simply wrong/broken/incorrect.

LedZeppelin68: Can you check the conversion of MOHO (Pal).
Fail to convert between Track 4 and 5.
PM if you need the game.

Post's attachments

Moho.jpg 273.89 kb, 13 downloads since 2018-04-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

12 (edited by LedZeppelin68 2018-04-15 15:14:22)

Hello, jhmiller

Thanks for this notice.

Track 4 consists of 0x00h, that's why there are so many matches.

So, i modified util to stop searching after 1st succesful match

https://i.imgur.com/wsgGnG0.png

Perfect smile

I have noticed a minor bug: if the dirs "dat" or "audio" don't exist, produce an exception when click in the point 3 (Choose dat).

I will continue using the application. If I find some other problem, I'll warn you.

Many thanks for this tool LedZeppelin68 !!!

jhmiller wrote:

I have noticed a minor bug: if the dirs "dat" or "audio" don't exist, produce an exception when click in the point 3 (Choose dat).

There are other exceptions, like, when you try to run it offline and load the TOSEC dat, it crashes, because it can't load the .dtd file from the url in the dat.

if you're still around @LedZeppelin68 and still have the source code and fancy updating it?

Had to use this today - doesn't work going from TOSEC to redump with the new .cue based DATs

if you open the DAT with your editor of choice and replace all instances of ".cue" with ".gdi" it will work again. (ctrl+h is your friend)

or if you're like me an inline sed will do the trick

sed -i 's/.cue/.gdi/g' /path-to-and/name-of-dat.dat

Just came to use this today, having taken Dumper's advice to get it working and convert my self-dumped set the last time I used it, but it seems the program now has an error.

On selecting a .dat file it's trying to connect to www.logiqx.com, and as that no longer seems to exist, the program won't work.

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.logiqx.com'