Is there a known pattern to the mould SID codes for USA Wii games? Sometimes its pretty tricky to tell the difference between 0 and O since the digit 0 doesn't seem to have a slash through it.

In my experience it looks like the SID codes for USA games are always "V9[letter][number]" format. Is this accurate? If so that could help me (and others) who are having trouble determining the correct character.

I may have answered my own question after looking at the technical specifications for the mould SID code:

"Example: A Mould SID Code of “IFPI A01xx” may be issued to you. The digits “A01” are unique to you. You will then use the last two digits to
allocate a unique code for each mould. The code for the first mould might be IFPI A0100, the code for the second “IFPI A0101”, and so on. Using
alphanumeric digits consisting of the numbers 0 through 9 and the letters of the Western alphabet A through Z, excluding “I”, “O”, “S” and “Q”, the plant has the ability to assign unique codes to 1,024 different moulds."

So it sounds to me that that I, O, S, and Q are reserved and should not be used. In this case, is it safe to assume the following if its tricky to read?

I = 1
O = 0
S = 5
Q = 0

If that is the case, someone might want to do a search in the database for any of the mould SID codes that contain any of those letters and correct accordingly. Then again, I guess its possible that plants don't follow that explicitly since the only reference to those excluded characters is in an example, not in the actual technical specifications. As far as I can tell, its up to the plant to decide on the last 2 characters of the mould SID code.

This part of technical specifications is broken, you cannot rely on it, there are many examples which contradict these specs.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Yep... I went back and checked a few of my Wii discs and snapped a couple pictures for future reference. Game Party for Wii is legitimately "IFPI V9O0" : https://imgur.com/a/3wzOh

I guess thats a good example to see the difference between O and 0 since they are right next to each other.

Nice to know. So the zero is much slimmer. I also had a Q in one of my dumps for sure so all letters are used it seems.

6 (edited by desperado836 2018-02-12 18:01:24)

I found the same thing, had to go back and fix the mould sid on one game, as I dumped a game that had both a O and a 0 side by side, most likely would of never caught it without the microscope

EDIT: game was  Once Upon a Time, IFPI V9O0