1 (edited by robbforce 2008-01-24 17:54:00)

This should be a data dump only, but I can't get consistent dumps from my drives, an NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A and MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-585. This would be a new dump so I can't compare to anyone else's. I'm assuming the NEC drive is dumping it correctly because it can detect gaps and seems to be a better drive all around, but it's still curious because this should be a straight raw data dump.

I looked on gamecopyworld for protection information and found none. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I should add some information. This is the US edition, I've attempted the dump with isobuster,  and I have 2 copies of the v1.00 discs so I might be able to self verify, but I'm still curious about the differing dumps from the cd-rom drive.

maybe cdmage can help. i guess there should not be any errors if it isn't protected.

The data is mode1, I wonder if that's why I'm having problems. I dumped it again with the NEC drive and scanned the image with cdmage, it found 1 corrupted sector, which was fixable. Then I dumped it with the cd-rom and it had 3 corrupted sectors, which were also fixable. The two images now match, but it's strange I'm getting these errors. I haven't had any problems with any other discs and this disc is mint.