I haven't seen any discussion of this console on here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_Vide … ion_System

I have a single VIS disc to dump, and no console. It seems to be mostly a standard formatted CD (which makes sense, seeing as the console was just basically a stripped down PC running a custom Windows).

Has anyone dumped any of this machine's discs before, or will my hashes for "Sail with Columbus" be the first?

scsi_wuzzy wrote:

Has anyone dumped any of this machine's discs before, or will my hashes for "Sail with Columbus" be the first?

TOSEC/TruRip guys dumped most of these, single-track titles & no protection, AFAIK.

Is it still worth having them in the database though? Redump is basically the video game version of Discogs - you generally don't find information like barcodes, disc matrix/ringcodes, disc features (e.g. games on a demo disc), or box/disc scans in an XML file - not that Redump has gone that far yet (it would be nice though).

Everything is worth being in the database smile

Except applications, of course.

Sotho Tal Ker wrote:

Except applications, of course.

Professor Oak says: "There's a time and place for everything! But not now."

I'm sure applications and OS discs will eventually be added, just like non-arcade games were added to MAME (e.g. slot machines). Movies and audio discs will probably remain off-limits though, although I would like to see something a bit more in-depth compared to IMDb (where searching for a movie will generally return one result only - the original film, rather than a myriad of VHS, Beta, VCD, DVD and Blu-Ray releases for example). Discogs at least shows different pressings for each CD, provided someone has added them.

Heihachi_73 wrote:

I'm sure applications and OS discs will eventually be added, just like non-arcade games were added to MAME (e.g. slot machines).

Db should be modified to handle them properly, that's the only issue.