26 (edited by usurper 2015-02-02 19:42:17)

Egen, for further submissions feel free to add additional information like ISBN or publisher specific IDs to your submissions.
For Sorcerous Stabber Orphen I've added the ISBN found at the backcover.

Additionally take care, that you picked the right Isobuster settings with regard to determinaing the EXE date... Just to double check since its not mentioned in any of our guides iirc. Proper settings mentioned here.

Last but not least we properly space multiple space with the [TAB] sign from your keyboard a.k.a. SLPS-25008  2 gos to SLPS-25008[Press TAB-Key here]2. But that just works in a text Editor and has been copy'n'pasted over to the submission form.

27 (edited by Egen 2015-02-02 20:29:12)

Alright, for some submissions I have additional identifier numbers (Crash Bandicoot has 4 of them or something!) but I did not think of ISBN. I must admit that for Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, I did not notice it. Quite inconspicuous.

The dates are actually double checked, and if I find one that does not match the database, triple checked. But so far, I haven't made any errors with dates (I have found errors though).

From now on I will copy and paste submissions with tab characters, because of course you can't insert tab characters via internet browser as the tab key will just jump to the next field. This is the kind of stuff I like to know. Thank you for further improving my submissions, my template is growing wink

GreyFox, what is the "tool for PS2 that gathers most of the information needed directly from the image"? This sounds interesting.

Egen it is a Python thing... You need to talk to iklio and see if he feels like sharing it...

I have gone to the retirement home

29 (edited by Dere 2015-02-16 18:13:15)

http://abload.de/img/unbenanntuqstg.jpg

Final question.. (Size/Ckechsums) give my always the same error Please ckeck disc size! ???

tested with/without Tab.

size field accepts size in bytes only, one single number

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Marl de Jigsaw is missing version!

32 (edited by Egen 2015-02-20 20:10:55)

Seriously? Shoot, sorry about that. 1.50.

By the way, regarding ring codes, I think it's very odd that we don't mark some areas as NULL when there's no data there. By not doing so, it makes it look like the dumper maybe just didn't do it right, like maybe he missed that field or something. Some examples are my dumps for Sorcerous Stabber Orphen and Evergrace NTSC-J; they look incomplete if we don't mark that those areas are NULL. Why don't we add that information?

Egen wrote:

I think it's very odd that we don't mark some areas as NULL when there's no data there

Generally, yes, that would be more convenient to mention all matrix sectors, even if they are absent.

Egen wrote:

Why don't we add that information?

We cannot force people to do something they won't or can't do, you should know human's nature smile
Those, who are accurate in their doings, are submitting those details by default.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

34 (edited by Egen 2015-02-21 00:50:34)

Oh, okay. I asked if I should add the null spots and the answer was that I should just leave them alone so I'm a bit confused now. But anyway, I included them in my recent dumps. Would somebody be kind enough to mark the missing spots in my Evergrace and Sorcerous Stabber Orphen dumps as NULL? It's everything else: toolstamp and all IFPI (SID) codes.

35 (edited by usurper 2015-02-21 14:47:30)

Do you thing you can provide a few verifications of discs already added to the database before continuing with new submissions?

36 (edited by Egen 2015-02-21 20:59:37)

I can do whatever you ask, you're the boss smile Is there something wrong with my submissions?

Also, I'm still confused about adding the NULL information because I added it to all of my recent submissions and yet none of them are showing NULL in those spots. The DVDs should have NULL in the Toolstamp and Mastering SID Code fields and the CDs should have NULL in the Toolstamp field only. So again, it just looks like that information was potentially left out. That's why I'm asking why we don't add it. It looks incomplete without it.

We dont add NULL information to the fields.

38 (edited by Egen 2015-02-23 06:21:06)

Well that's a shame, they'll never be complete/reliable that way. This looks like when the hyphen was added to every serial number, and now we have several thousand serial numbers to correct over time because we decided to do it that way for so long. And the longer it takes to add NULL information to ring codes, the more incomplete data that piles up... but maybe you won't decide to add that information at all.

I don't mean to impose, it just seems a shame to purposely exclude data. NULL isn't the absence of data, it's quite the opposite.

EDIT: Respectfully, this also makes the script that determines whether or not a ring code field is "incomplete or improperly formed" not only completely useless, but actually detrimental, because it will report this for ring code fields that are both complete and properly formed since, as acknowledged in another thread, the script behaves this way when there certain fields are absent of any data. If you had this NULL data, you would be filling those fields in properly and then the script, as well as anyone looking at the entry, would know that certain fields were not simply missed. But without doing this, the script is actually giving faulty reports about the reliability of data and so it is actually what is unreliable.

Egen: there is no way one can rely on NULL values as well. While submitting, one can be: very tired, unfocused, drunk, on drugs, have bad eyesight, do a copy/paste error, using bad light source and/or light angle, etc etc etc. A good example are those black colored psx discs which you cannot read easily. Though, you are helping the staff very much by providing that information. Anyways, the submission accuracy is not given!

The status lights are only there to appeal on next dumpers to be more focused on reading the matrix down if the light is set to yellow color.

40 (edited by Egen 2015-02-23 23:26:55)

Well, let me give you an example: Eternal Ring has a submission with just a Mastering Code and a toolstamp. This is probably a correct submission since it is a very old game. But have you ever seen a USA PS2 game without a toolstamp? Preposterous, isn't it? Well, I have one, and it's Eternal Ring. That's right, it only has a PDSS code (Mastering Code). No toolstamp, no IFPIs, nothing else. This is a very unique submission. But if I submit like this and nothing gets a NULL value, you just see an incredibly incomplete looking submission. And why does it look incomplete? Because you didn't fill in all the fields with their proper data, even if that proper data is NULL.

I mean of course you're right that anything could have an error. That's not what reliability is when it comes to data though. We always take any submitted data at its word. It would be no different for a NULL submission. The problem with purposely excluding NULL values from an entry is that the missing field is not submitted at all. For all we know, the submitter completely missed that field and maybe there was something there. Then none of it is reliable because none of it is complete; every single given entry could be missing data and we don't know it. By including NULL data, you are honoring that the submitter knew of its existence, looked for it, and found nothing, rather than just not looking for it at all.

That's the only point I'm trying to make smile

Most likely just you that look at them as incomplete because of the yellow color and then get fixated onto it. While you should instead be focusing on the more important shit like the hashes for the isos themselves being correct.

The current no hyphen, hyphen thing is idiotic anyhow. Since we just take what is written on the disc. For more proper storage we should have disc, internal and box serials written down since serials on discs can be misprinted. And there are even discs that have the wrong serial noted on disc label etc it is noted as say UK release while in fact it is a Nordic release with a completely different internal serial number. There are also PS2 discs that have multiple EXEs on the disc. etc. etc.

And in PS3 we have games that are multi region with different serials printed on the label while the internal serial always is the same MRTC one or the XC series which are hybrid PS3/Vita crossover discs. All this shit should be stored as in a comparison to now but the admin do not care. The Q was lifted almost 6 months ago still nothing happens.

And your submissions aren't trusted anyhow until you can back it up with proof. AKA high resolution scans of the disc. And with this a moderator can lock a ring code as verified OK.

I have gone to the retirement home

Ah man, don't even remind me of the scanner thing, I bought a $270 scanner and the carriage stopped re-adjusting correctly within the first 5 scans. Returned it and bought a $90 scanner and holy crap, those were the worst scans I had ever seen. My problem is that I just can't find a quality Contact Image Sensor scanner. Charge-Coupled Device? Sure, but then enjoy having rainbow crap all over your disc scans. CCD can't scan that surface for beans, but any CIS scanner I buy is cursed. I'll try another scanner later on and I will get some scans up though (at least that's my hope).

In the meantime, I'm going to submit some verifications for discs like I was asked. I'm going to submit some with different edition, but the same hashes, so it's not a new entry but you can add the "Original" edition to the entry when I'm done smile