I've got over a dozen discs here that are all games that have already had versions of them dumped, but mine are all timestamped as original releases while the ones in the database are usually dated days/weeks after the original release date. I've had questions and even attempted to submit information regarding one of my discs with no feedback/communication for nearly twenty days or more. Are these just not of interest to this project or what?

If you look a bit closer on the front page you will see there has been between 50-100 new dumps in that time frame.

Lack of a active mod for the IBM-PC section is a more likely cause for it not being added.

I have gone to the retirement home

3 (edited by Jackal 2014-11-13 19:04:41)

Someone should give you dumper status and then you can add your dumps using the New Disc menu.. moderators are too lazy/busy to add forum dumps.

How does one volunteer as a moderator?

comradesean wrote:

I've had questions and even attempted to submit information regarding one of my discs with no feedback/communication for nearly twenty days or more. Are these just not of interest to this project or what?

No datfile (someone should waste half an hour to make an .xml datfile using your checksums from .xls), EAC log submitted from a suspicious drive (while you do have a good PX-760), no PR log, no DIC log (PR and DIC are way more trustful than EAC which generates certain pregaps instead of reading them and alters pregap sizes), no subchannels dump. Guess, there's no volunteers to take a responsibility to add this dump as good.

6 (edited by comradesean 2014-11-13 23:13:58)

F1ReB4LL wrote:
comradesean wrote:

I've had questions and even attempted to submit information regarding one of my discs with no feedback/communication for nearly twenty days or more. Are these just not of interest to this project or what?

No datfile (someone should waste half an hour to make an .xml datfile using your checksums from .xls), EAC log submitted from a suspicious drive (while you do have a good PX-760), no PR log, no DIC log (PR and DIC are way more trustful than EAC which generates certain pregaps instead of reading them and alters pregap sizes), no subchannels dump. Guess, there's no volunteers to take a responsibility to add this dump as good.

As this is the first I've heard of these requirements, I'll upload them as soon as I'm off work. I dumped it dozens of times on both drives and have all these and even several subdumps made already (one is already uploaded to a question I posted in a thread earlier)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/l5s307 -- this subdump version is suggested (mode 6 for plextors, mode 1 for the rest, but if non-Plextor drive is used, it's better to use swapping with cdda disc and set the leadout via -endaddr parameter). Modes 2 and 3 for plextors on earlier subdump versions are bad, since in this mode it only reads P and Q channels ignoring R-W in most cases.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/l5s307 -- this subdump version is suggested (mode 6 for plextors, mode 1 for the rest, but if non-Plextor drive is used, it's better to use swapping with cdda disc and set the leadout via -endaddr parameter). Modes 2 and 3 for plextors on earlier subdump versions are bad, since in this mode it only reads P and Q channels ignoring R-W in most cases.

Thanks, I'm running it again with this version right now

F1ReB4LL: can you please open a new thread dedicated to subdump ?!

And keep everybody up to date whenever a new version is released.
Some closer explanation on changes and command line examples would be great as well,
those which you are using for example.

Thank you.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)