1 (edited by Damned 2014-01-31 04:31:31)

Sup all.

I dumped my personal copy of Final Fantasy IX and while I was in the middle of dumping one of the discs using XEBRA's built in disc ripper, I think I might have accidentally let my PC go into sleep mode so the disc didn't finish dumping properly. I wanted to check this disc, and the rest of the discs that I have dumped to put my mind at ease that I did indeed, without a fathom of a doubt, dump each disc properly.

I understand that the SFV, MD5, and SHA1 files are somehow involved in this and I assume I need some kind of program that will use those files, but I would like a reccomendation of what users on this site use and how I would use that program step-bystep (and please, no programs that are bundled with offers to install spyware or any other crap on my pc, I hate that garbage.)

Thanks!

EDIT: Looked through the sticky topic entitled "Tools of the Trade" and found a program called HashCalc. Is this the program I will need?

To open the .sfv, .md5 and .sha1 files and check easily the dump without getting cross-eyed comparing visually the hashes download this, portable version available. Just the binary, nothing more.

http://www.ov2.eu/programs/rapidcrc-unicode

Use: drag and drop the .sfv/.md5/.sha1 file into the RapidCRC Unicode's windows and wait a little.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

Site will not load.

4 (edited by pablogm123 2014-01-31 17:56:06)

Yes, that site is down currently.

Edit: currently online. Just in case the website goes down newly, I have mirrored the four files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k5tlk3e426u0lwu/-wmri4wOce
On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot