I've been doing a manual reorganization of the IBM PC dat recently, and discovered that several of the existing entries would benefit from a new category: "Compilation". I know that the TOSEC database presently utilizes a similar category, and I feel it would be handy for certain titles. Here are just a couple of examples:

There are definitely more examples out there, so this is purely a snapshot to prove my point. Nevertheless, I wanted to offer up this suggestion since the PC list is much larger set that would greatly benefit from the additional category.

Cheers!
-MrTikki-

ATAPI iHBS212 2 HL05 (+6) | LG BH16NS40 (+6) | Plextor PX-W4824TA (+98) | Plextor PX-708A (+30)

2 (edited by MrTikki 2013-10-04 02:52:32)

And while I'm on the subject, I feel that the "Add-Ons" category is painfully inaccurate and [EDIT] *perhaps should be considered for removal.*

If redump wants to retain this information, I would propose the option of appending it to the title description [e.g. Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome (USA) (Add-On)]. There are several expansions-as-games and games-as-expansions that make it difficult to draw such a distinct line via the category class, and it causes unnecessary confusion during the dump submission process (as demonstrated below). Furthermore, I would wager that 90% of the "Add-Ons" technically qualify as "Games" and could be dumped into the "Games" category without any further correction necessary.

However, if redump wishes to keep this category, then I feel we simply need to be more diligent about maintaining this category and using it correctly during the dump creation process.

Here are some examples to prove my point from the IBM-PC section that (under the current model), which are listed as "Games" and should be listed as "Add-Ons":

Cheers!
-MrTikki-

ATAPI iHBS212 2 HL05 (+6) | LG BH16NS40 (+6) | Plextor PX-W4824TA (+98) | Plextor PX-708A (+30)