So I've run into this issue with CDRWIN and PerfectRip now, and so I thought I'd go ahead and ask the question: does PerfectRip (and CDRWIN for that matter) only scan for IDE drives? My current drive is a SATA drive, and neither program can detect it.

Figured I'd answer this question for future reference once and for all. smile

Cheers!
-MrTikki-

ATAPI iHBS212 2 HL05 (+6) | LG BH16NS40 (+6) | Plextor PX-W4824TA (+98) | Plextor PX-708A (+30)

cdrwin has very limited support, mostly ide only, directly connected drives, no adapters! (because of outdated drivers)

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

3 (edited by pablogm123 2013-09-11 23:05:39)

For me, PF and CDTool (both by the same guy, Truman) work perfectly with these kind of drives:

-Internals connected to a SiI-680 PCI card.
-Externals connected via eSATA, JMB-363 card.
-Externals connected via USB 2.0.

Both use the standard SPTI layer, nothing special required. Try running it with administrator privileges.

I don't know anything about CDRWin because I don't run this program.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

4 (edited by MrTikki 2013-09-11 23:45:37)

That's a bit of a bummer about the SATA adapters, but I did just buy a PCI-E card that will provide a dedicated IDE adapater. Sounds like it's similar to that SiI-680, so perhaps that will "trick" it (???). I'll post my results if it works.  smile

Also, I got the suggestion to use CDRWIN for some DC dumping from tossEAC (or rather from a guide he sent me). I have pablogm123's suggestions as well, so I was simply going to run both and see which one worked best. However, I ran into the same issue with CDRWIN not seeing my drive, so I wondered if there was something related to the SATA drivers.

Sounds like the myth is certainly "Plausible"...  big_smile

ATAPI iHBS212 2 HL05 (+6) | LG BH16NS40 (+6) | Plextor PX-W4824TA (+98) | Plextor PX-708A (+30)

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8682/u05m.png

PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-755A: Attached to a JMB363 based card, externally (eSATA), it's actually a PX-755SA.

HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8526B and PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-107D: Attached to a SiI-680 card.

Both cards have the option ROM erased, therefore aren't bootable.

The OS I'm running is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, with no ASPI layers installed ( and no intentions to install them).

To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot

Just updating this thread with my findings. Things started working once I:

• Installed my IDE PCI-E adapter (which allowed me to hookup my Plextor drives)

• Installed FrogASPI to enable ASPI compatibility on Windows 7 64-bit

• Updated my drive's firmware to the latest version

My SATA drive shows up on CDRWin now, though I haven't tried using it to rip based on iR0B0t's comments (above). I suspect the older versions of CDRWin are better suited for IDE drives only...which is good to know, I suppose. wink

Cheers!
-MrTikki-

Just a thing, you have installed the authentic CDRWin (the developed by Golden Hawk, not the "another one"), haven't you?