When ripping Final Fantasy X to my drive, I encountered an odd discrepancy in the size of the files vs. the size of the disc. The size of the disc should be just around 4.2GB, and if I simply create an image of the disc from Track 01 then I'll get that. But if I right-click on FINAL_FANTASY_X under Track 01 and do Extract, the resulting files I'm given barely scratch 5MB in total. Final Fantasy X is currently the only disc giving me this problem after about 20 or so discs, CD and DVD. Does anybody know why IsoBuster is behaving so oddly?

Also, I know it's weird to extract to files. I'm doing it for a personal project and just want to know if I'm doing something wrong before I continue on. I'm using the "registered" version of IsoBuster 3.2 ("registered" meaning it still bugs you for a key and tells you that you can't do certain things without registering). It also happened on 3.0 "registered", which is what caused me to update. I'd appreciate anyone's insight on this, I have no idea what's going on.

When I dumped Duke Nukem Forever I noticed the very same bug, you can reproduce this bug even from a DVD image file opened by IsoBuster (at least with Duke Nukem Forever). Extracting via Track 01 / Extract From-To leads will create an underdump (more or less 230 MB when I tested it). Only Extract <Image> / User data can read the entire disc.

Regarding the extract files function, you need a 100% legal key (not generated) to do certain things as extracting files from UDF filesytems. My IsoBuster isn't registered, because free functionality is enough for me, to extract data tracks, images of single data track discs and files from ISO9660+Joliet filesystems.

Just mount the image through Daemon Tools and copy the files via the Windows Explorer, Windows Vista/7 supports natively the newer versions of UDF filesystem.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

3 (edited by Lorem__Ipsum 2013-08-21 18:46:39)

Ah, okay, I'll have to hop onto my girlfriend's Windows 7 computer and try this out. Thanks. And what's the difference between the file systems? In IsoBuster's explorer, all the same files appear in both file systems. Is there some difference in extracting them from the UDF file system vs. the other file system?

EDIT: Okay, so this gets even stranger. I'm on a Windows 7 computer now and I create an ISO file of Final Fantasy X, hash check it, okay, it matches up with Redump. Then I mount it with DAEMON Tools and open it in Windows explorer and I get 13 files whose total file size added together is 5.03MB. Yet the ISO is 4.19GB like it should be. I really just don't understand it. It doesn't make any sense.

4 (edited by pablogm123 2013-08-21 19:08:03)

UDF supports files bigger than 4 GB. But usually, both ISO9660(+Joliet) and UDF point point to the very same files. Example:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8673/ha00.png

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7924/x4o8.png

Same starting LBAs and sizes, but names differ (in this case) because that is plain ISO9660 without relaxing restrictions on file name lenghts and character set. But this disc was mastered with a very old version of UDF (1.02) supported natively by XP/Server 2003 / newer.

To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot

The remaining files are most likely hidden, activate 'show hidden files, folders and drives' in folder options and they will pop up smile

Isobuster doesn't show them as well if file hidden bit is set and your windows is configured to prevent those from viewing.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Hidden files and system files are enabled, and still nothing. This is a very odd case indeed. Can anyone copy the files from the Final Fantasy X disc / image successfully?

IsoBuster, at least in my setup, can show the hidden files:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/426/ea65.png

As alternative, try the Winhex program (but you will need a license file), has a function to interpret image files as disk, which shows hidden files.

Are you sure that the problem is with hidden files? You've tried FFX on your setup and it shows more than 13 files? If so, I need to find out how to get my system to show hidden files, or try Winhex.

I don't think that the issue is with hidden files. I have got the ISO you are speaking about, and no application (I have tried IsoBuster, 7-Zip and Winhex) can show the remaining file(s). View the sector 261 using IsoBuster, no other files are listed.

For me, this is the real issue:

That depends on the game. Some games use hidden content, not accessible as normal files, but accessed only by the game routines which know what sectors this data is hidden in. Such games can never be rebuilt by using only the files visible in normal directories on a PC (or on a PS2). However, I don't think that is your issue.

http://forums.sksapps.com/showpost.php? … ostcount=3

...and I assume there's no way to get around that =/

Well, that certainly looks to be the case, anyway. Thanks a lot for all the input, you sure helped out.