I own both CTR Original & Platinum, why are my sectors.log dumped from original discs different from sectors found in Discs>PlayStation section?

2 (edited by pablogm123 2013-01-20 12:42:07)

They are false positives, because subcode data is extracted with no absolutely error correction, and corrupted Q subcodes can confuse the psxt001z program. The valid sectors are the described in the guide:

"The first half of the sectors is located on 3rd minute, and the second half on 9th minute. All modified sectors can be divided into pairs, the distance between sectors in each pair is 5 sectors."

You can run the sbi2sub utility to generate a clean subcode file with LibCrypt sectors and valid P subcodes (The first sector and last 148 sectors marked as pause), in order to burn a copy with CloneCD.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

I understood how it works, actually i patched manually with HexEdit some games like FFVIII or CTR, but what about dumping correctly subchannels (even if they haven't ECC)? The thing i can't really understand it's how same discs have different subchannels dumped on same drive (i own 3 CTR discs, one is black label, two platinums). The infos that are shared on http://redump.org/disc/897/ are for sure correct, now i own several discs that are missing in the list, so how can i obtain correct libcrypt sectors as on redump page infos?

p.s. i always receive modified sector when i am supposed to receive LC1/LC2 sector from libcryptdrvfast command! sad

Run the subdump program. This is the proper command line to dump the subcode from a LC disc: -mode 1 -fix 1 -rereadnums 25. -fix 2 could ruin the modified Q subcodes.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot