I am trying to create proper dumps of Final Fantasy VII and VIII using the guide on this site, as XEBRA, my usual method to dump PSX games, cannot dump these two games.

Thankfully, neither game has audio tracks (Man that would suck having to do all those extra steps), however, I have a few questions.

1. I did not see any options to change the speed at which the data track is read in ISObuster. Do I need to change it and if so, where can I locate it?

2. I am given an ISO file as an output, but I do not want an ISO file, I want a BIN file (With a downloaded CUE from this site). Is it safe to rename the extension from .iso to .bin? Is there an option to change the output file to a BIN file?

3. Can opening a PSX disk in windows explorer and looking at the files and folders inside the disc cause any permanent damage to the disc?

1. It shouldn't really matter what speed you read the disc at, most drives
will slow down the read speed if errors occurs due to a scratched disc.

2. ISOBuster seems to extract the RAW data tracks with an ISO extension not a BIN extension.
As long as you choose the '2352 bytes/sector / RAW option' (Can't remember the exact option name
its the same option as the one used in the guide) you can just rename the extension from ISO to BIN.

You can also download and use the MD5 (or SFV) on the details page of each game and use them to
check the hashes of your files, If they match then you can be 100% sure your dump is good.
(I use 'Quickpar' to check the MD5 of my files, but there are other programs that can do it as well)

3. No, that should not cause any damage to the disc at all.