With regard to:

http://redump.org/disc/3419/

How is it when I mount the said image (DTLite), I receive "Unreadable sectors" when I try to extract the same track in IB? No matter which option I select (replace, skip etc), I cannot recreate the corresponding hash values.

I achieve the same result using the original disc as well.

I'm curious how people dump these images to begin with.

If you are dumping from original media, you should extract the disc in IsoBuster without problems! (unless the disc is scratched...). When a (PSX) dump in the DB show errors that's the amount of errors the image has when scanned with CdMage, and not read errors in IsoBuster.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

3 (edited by camb702 2012-04-08 13:38:55)

I'm aware that the errors are referred from CDmage. Thank you for clarifying!

My original disc does have some light scratches; the two instances of "Unreadable sectors" as reported per IB appear, then, to be unrelated if what you're saying is correct re:If you are dumping from original media, you should extract the disc in IsoBuster without problems!

By your logic, and precluding the absence of an original disc, am I correct in assuming that it's impossible to accurately convert a non-standard image (e.g. .ccd, .mdf etc.) to .bin/.cue format if there are already errors present?

4 (edited by pablogm123 2012-04-08 14:01:12)

Convert a ccd/img/sub image (If such image has only a Mode2 data track) to bin/cue is pretty easy, because img file=2352 bytes/sector dump=bin.

FILE "File.img" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

This cue file can coexist with ccd/sub files. Of course, replace File.img with proper filename.

MDF (2448 bytes/sector) is more difficult, because of interleaved subchannel data. You can try 2448@2352 utility (Written by themabus) in order to get a clean 2352 bytes/sector dump from a mdf file, and proceed as above:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p8on996xtmrb8

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

Thanks for the link, pablogm123.

I didn't know about interleaving sub-channel data re:MDF...