1 (edited by topkat 2012-02-24 11:12:56)

I have been ón a hiatus from disc collecting for a while but now I back in business.

I scanned my old psx-collection (from last year) with the current datfile and noticed that most of  the "*(track 01).bin" files  won't match anymore, leaving me with gigs of incomplete dumps. I read up and undestand this is due to an unnecessary repair step in the old dumping guide with is now omitted. I wonder my self whether it is possible to 'auto-undo' those faulty fixes or if there is an other way to redeem my old files.

This affects only the last sector of the data track of the PSX NoEDC discs with audio tracks.
To fix it, use InJector (search for it here: http://forum.redump.org/topic/5272/tools-of-the-trade/ )

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

3 (edited by topkat 2012-02-25 01:03:43)

Thx for the reply. Any hints how to use it?

C:\tools>injector.exe
Injector 0.1b

usage: injector.exe binfile [injectfile]

I assume 'binfile' is the file to be patched. But what's the injectfile? Where do I get it? Is it the same for all affected tracks?

EDIT

Nevermind, found out my self

C:\tools>injector.exe "Lagnacure (Japan) (Track 1).bin"
Injector 0.1b

Injecting Lagnacure (Japan) (Track 1).bin...

fixing ecc.........(OK)

You've had 1 injection today... don't worry, it only hurts Neo.

No injectfile needed to fix the track, now matches the dat perfectly. One last question though. I moved and unpacked all non-matching files to a temp dir. I want to write a little batch to do the job in one stike. Is it save to run injector on non-affected files or should I sort them out beforehand?

Hi topkat.  I'm in the same boat as you.  All my PSX games were from around 2010 and were all in pakkiso.  I found a guide which said how to convert them from pakkiso to t7z using clrmamepro.  I followed that guide but then noticed that all of my games were now missing track 1.bin in their .7z files.  I tried looking for that InJector program on the other forum post you linked to but the link doesn't work anymore.  Can you give me any help as to where to find it and the best way to use it so it can fi all my track.bin files automatically so I don't have to do each one manually.  Thanks.

http://forum.redump.org/topic/5272/tools-of-the-trade/ link has been updated

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

Sorry, haven't been log in for quite a while.

Fortunately the download link has been updated already.

Concerning batch processing: You could probably use the win bat/cmd language to process all the files, but everytime I try to reactive my old dos skills it usally takes me longer to code around all the legency problems (odd syntax, long filenames, special characters etc) than do it manually or find better way to do.

In this case I used a dir printer to wirte down all the filepaths/names to a textfile and used excels' textprocessing features to build the commandlines.