First.

It seems that EAC can't find track #2 pregap for discs that have 1 data track + 1 audio track, it always reports pregap 0.00 for track #2. Today I tried dumping Nostalgia 1907, and while EAC gives no pregap, I found the regular 2.00 gap when checking sectors with Isobuster.

Questions:
1) should I resize track #1 or not? Even if EAC doesn't get any gap, Isobuster should append it at the end of first track anyway, but I'm not sure
2) should I add 2.00 pregap to track #2 manually? EAC shouldn't attach a pregap it doesn't recognize, but again I'm not sure.

It is interesting to note that Nostalgia 1907 and Earnest Evans have the same disc offset (first time it happens to me), and the scrambled data is identical, both are dated November 1991, maybe they were mastered from the same machine? Earnest Evans pregap was 2.00, so shouldn't it be the same for Nostalgia 1907?

Second.

I tried dumping Shining Force CD, and I got pregap 2.02 for track #2, and pregap 2.01 for every following track, but I encountered only 2.00s and 1.74s until today, what should I do? Is EAC trustable for this disc?

Are you using the latest version of EAC (0.99 Prebeta 3)? It should detect all gaps gaps correctly. You can also try switching between pregap detection methods A, B and C.

gigadeath wrote:

I tried dumping Shining Force CD, and I got pregap 2.02 for track #2, and pregap 2.01 for every following track, but I encountered only 2.00s and 1.74s until today, what should I do? Is EAC trustable for this disc?

If you tried detecting gaps several times and they are the same - they can be trusted (except for the pregap after data track in your case). Many Sega CD discs have such weird gaps.

At times on the Japanese disks I observe such phenomena:
When method of search A gives 02.01 sec another method of search C gives 01.74
It seems to me, that 01.74 it is more exact. Time will show.

It seems that EAC does not see the pregap, yet it's there when I listen to the actual copied wavfile. Is it possible that EAC reads the silence at the start of track #2 as part of the track, thus correctly copying it, without tagging it as pregap?

It seems to work like that for every 2 tracks disc.

For now I copied these 2 tracks discs this way:

1) I copied the data track with Isobuster and resized it by 2 seconds anyway, because Isobuster should still append the empty samples at the end of track #1, shouldn't it?

2) I copied the audio track with EAC, WITHOUT manually adding the pregap, I only manually edited the cuefile adding the proper starting index for track #2, because the pregap is physically there in the wav, but not reported by the original EAC cuefile

If you have any idea/correction, please let me know it.

gigadeath wrote:

It seems that EAC can't find track #2 pregap for discs that have 1 data track + 1 audio track, it always reports pregap 0.00 for track #2. Today I tried dumping Nostalgia 1907, and while EAC gives no pregap, I found the regular 2.00 gap when checking sectors with Isobuster.

I have exactly the same problem for saturn and mcd disks.
http://forum.redump.org/viewtopic.php?pid=3533#p3533
it would be really nice to know, if the method used was correct or not

You don't need a reason to kill people.

6 (edited by Z_Kenpachi 2007-11-22 09:31:25)

Same problem here.  By clicking on madmonkey's link, users will find my post about this topic as well.

I bought from eBay a Plextor PX-W 4824A, should arrive in a few days. Let's hope it's better at detecting difficult gaps. It's an old-school Plextor drive after all.