Hey all,

I'm about done with my first PSX rip that contains audio tracks (exciting! I think), and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I set up EAC as instructed, putting the combined offset in the "read offset" box. Ripped the tracks with test+copy using the required settings.

Here's the deal: I don't think my drive likes "overread into lead-in and lead-out." With that option ticked, I always get a "sync error" on the last track. Now, despite the sync error, my tests and copies match CRCs, so it doesn't appear that anything nefarious is going on. Without "overread" enabled, I get no error, but receive a different set of matching CRCs.

I assume, based on the guide, that the redump submission should use the rip with the error and with the option enabled, correct?

Also, are there any naming conventions with regard to the files? Currently, they're all "01 - Unknown Title" and whatnot.

Thanks for the help. It's astonishing how much more challenging it has been to rip a game with audio tracks!

If you got a sync error (i assume that it's at the very end of the last track) the dump is bad and it can't be accepted. It's better to search for a drive that can overread into the lead-out.

Raiders wrote:

Also, are there any naming conventions with regard to the files? Currently, they're all "01 - Unknown Title" and whatnot.

Thanks for the help. It's astonishing how much more challenging it has been to rip a game with audio tracks!

Don't worry about the name convention, just post the info, hashes, EAC Cue and log. The names are genereted automaticly.

And yes, dump discs with audio tracks is more complicated, but i assure you that after a couple of dumps you don't even need to look at the guide smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

Turn off the option to fill missing offsets with silence. If the last track is truncated, it cannot overread. But usually the sync error means it is unable to overread.Two possibilities:
1. Get a drive that can overread, preferably an older Plextor (708,712,716,755,760)
2. Use a drive that gives a negative combined offset and dump the disc with that (first audio track won't match here, though)

Ahh...so I shouldn't bother ripping these until I've got a better drive?:-( That's unfortunate. I don't think any of my drives have negative combined offsets.

If you can, buy one. smile

Do you live in Europe? Do you own a SCSI card?

Look for SD-M1401 in eBay, -472 offset correction according to AccurateRip's database.

However, IMHO a proper drive capable of overreading into lead-in/out is the right way to go and more versatile.

On semi-vacation. MSF/AMSF to LBA/offset and viceversa calculator: link
To write properly occidental characters contained in japanese titles: screenshot
Spaces must be the fullwidth variant: link / screenshot

If you are going to get a plextor also, get one of the CDRW (4824, 5224, premium 2) they are better than the DVD ones.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)