Is there any plans to add these discs ? now or in the future and if so which is the best way to dump them bin, iso ??

PSX'D OFF!!

2352 bytes/sector .bin

So far there are no Redump dumpers showing interest in this system. There's a chance however that we will team up with other dumping projects in the future that already support it.

I am interested in dumping 3DO games, actually in dumping all cd based games but I digress does 3DO games usually have audio tracks? I am not good dumping multi-track games. Actually my drive as an offset of +6 is that an useful drive at all?

On a side note is there any chance of adding a section for non-protected PC games?

Three years and still going strong.

3DO is always a single data track afaik.. as for PC games, this would require a custom set of db fields (+volume serial number, protection, -region, etc)

Good, so it should be easy to dump them then. So you just dump them like a psx disc without the checking step.

3DO is the only system that toseciso guys are able to dump correctly smile They've dumped most of the CDs already and, IIRC, missing only a few dozens.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

3DO is the only system that toseciso guys are able to dump correctly smile They've dumped most of the CDs already and, IIRC, missing only a few dozens.

2048 bytes/sector -> not correctly.

i have a few uk titles for the 3DO though tosec did report them as usa version even though they were bought here in the uk sad

our first (UE) ??

guess we would have to set a standard i mean how do you find out a version info ect for a image?

PSX'D OFF!!

Dremora or anyone that can add 3DO to the DB and write out explicitly what information you want I should have some dumped by this weekend. I called around and they are only like $4.95 to $14.95 here. Can we check for errors with cdmage?

Thank you for your time.

pepsidrinker wrote:

Dremora or anyone that can add 3DO to the DB and write out explicitly what information you want I should have some dumped by this weekend. I called around and they are only like $4.95 to $14.95 here. Can we check for errors with cdmage?

Thank you for your time.

toseciso.org already has over 500 3DO dumps.. even though they are dumped as 2048, there is no data missing that cannot be generated by converting to raw. Personally I just don't think it's much use adding this system to redump if there will only be maybe 5 dumps (like Dreamcast) and none of the dumps will be shared anyway, but it's up to Dremora to decide.

pepsidrinker wrote:

Dremora or anyone that can add 3DO to the DB and write out explicitly what information you want

Title, region, languages, size, checksums and serial.

pepsidrinker wrote:

Can we check for errors with cdmage?

No, CDmage can't find filesystem in 3DO images and won't allow to check them for errors. Anyway, making another dump of the disc and comparing both would be quite enough (and it's even better in case disc has mastering errors or errors intentionally made by the developer which should be preserved and not fixed, like in some PSX discs).

12 (edited by pepsidrinker 2007-11-14 17:21:03)

Vigi wrote:

toseciso.org already has over 500 3DO dumps.. even though they are dumped as 2048, there is no data missing that cannot be generated by converting to raw. Personally I just don't think it's much use adding this system to redump if there will only be maybe 5 dumps (like Dreamcast) and none of the dumps will be shared anyway, but it's up to Dremora to decide.

So then it should be easy to verify if they are correctly dumped by toseciso.org if I get the games dump them a few times with 2352 bytes/sector .bin on a couple drives then get a tseciso.org dump convert it to raw and see if it matches checksums. Why won't they be shared, i'm sure if some was found to be bad dumps the members of UG would like them.

One to get us started lol smile

Game title: Real Pinball
Disc ID: `FZ-SE0801
Disc title:
EXE date:
Game languages: English
Disc version:
Image size: 57, 138 KB
Edition: Original (Panasonic)

MD5: d4a954f492de5f405718050107511826
SHA1: 78d5d821d49c2cdcc5765155b9008e0c28d9b493
CR32: d2e6b923
EDONKEY/EMULE: 6795c0b921395f9fd2dc7eb7039a34b2

PSX'D OFF!!

Completley irrelvent but what the hell if you hex edited a 3do dump it says "i am a duck" for no reason i thought i would say that

PSX'D OFF!!

ps2gamer2k7 wrote:

Completley irrelvent but what the hell if you hex edited a 3do dump it says "i am a duck" for no reason i thought i would say that

3DO has a custom file system, which uses this phrase for padding.

Game title: Alone In The Dark
Disc ID: `ALONEM27042
Disc title:
EXE date:
Game languages: English, French
Disc version:
Image size:
Edition: Original (Infogrames)

MD5: 0999360e91c941469c7fceb8b20c6df5
SHA1: 73cea9107bc43cb8de210af2119a7ee395f6ab9f
CR32: ff4cd46e
EDONKEY/EMULE: e7775bfc36024eb408dffd44234a6ceb

PSX'D OFF!!

Alone In the Dark Image is : 442, 863 KB Sorry

PSX'D OFF!!

ps2gamer2k7 wrote:

Alone In the Dark Image is : 442, 863 KB Sorry

could you plz include size in bytes, not in kb?

453,491,472 SIZE OF FILE

453,492,736 OR SIZE ON DISK?

PSX'D OFF!!

20 (edited by pepsidrinker 2007-11-24 05:25:22)

21 (edited by pepsidrinker 2007-11-24 05:25:41)

I have a question, ISO Buster says it can't find any system files and it's actually blank do you have to use it's find missing files feature before you can dump a 3DO game or is it just my drive/game?

I think it's supposed to be like that.. So just extract RAW and not use that 'find missing files feature'.