i have 35 ps3 games to contribute but... but i dont know how to dump them...
help pls......

I think, you need BD-ROM on your PC, and simple extraction in IsoBuster or ImageBurn.

Very easy to dump, and 3 of 3 bd-rom drives I've tried work. The redumps are not usable yet, so while you're at it you may also want to dump the jailbreak way (not for the db, for your collection).

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

4 (edited by Jackal 2011-07-25 15:41:02)

Apparently cobra usb can dump decrypted iso dumps. The encrypted dumps that we have now are potentially useless: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f149/ps3-di … ndex2.html

so are they match to dump data if i use isobuster or imageburn????

ArhiAngel if i use isobuster or imageburn are they match dump data???

bototin wrote:

if i use isobuster or imageburn are they match dump data???

I hope so. You must gain clean dump (not jb compatible). Try dump something, what already dumped.

Use isobuster. The encrypted images may or may not be usable in the future, but they should be what's in the database. If it's true that decrypted ps3 isos are playable on a ps3, hopefully encrypted isos will be eventually too and/or there be a way to convert between encrypted/decrypted isos.

PS3Dec (decrypt ps3 images), PS3DumpCheck (check integrity), GetKey (dump PS3 metadata), DatSplit (split redump dats), GPack (compress related images together)

jamjam are they match in the database?
If i use the isobuster???

Should do yes, every blu-ray drive I've tried works. Verify an existing dump and see for yourself.

ok i try....

thank you jamjam

The latest Version of mutliMAN can now rip any disc to an .iso file.

I was able to successfully rip my "Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)" disc and verify it as accurate against the redump database.

However it is still unclear if these isos can be mounted and used in its encrypted state.

SpaceAgeHero wrote:

The latest Version of mutliMAN can now rip any disc to an .iso file.

I was able to successfully rip my "Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)" disc and verify it as accurate against the redump database.

However it is still unclear if these isos can be mounted and used in its encrypted state.

you have access to the ps3 section?

i doubt the dumps are useful, but psp dumps also don't work in the emulator "jpcsp" until they're decrypted using real hardware. games on psp that required higher firmwares to work needed to be decrypted/patched to work on lower versions of custom firmwares.

the current ps3 dumps might be of use if there was a proper isoloader / custom firmware developed, but i don't know.

Ghazy wrote:

you have access to the ps3 section?

i doubt the dumps are useful, but psp dumps also don't work in the emulator "jpcsp" until they're decrypted using real hardware. games on psp that required higher firmwares to work needed to be decrypted/patched to work on lower versions of custom firmwares.

the current ps3 dumps might be of use if there was a proper isoloader / custom firmware developed, but i don't know.

Nope. I've just used "Sony - PlayStation 3 (20110531 16-22-07).dat" as found in the latest redump discs archive.

Correct, the .iso images with encrypted contents would propably work on the PS3 if there was a way to properly mount them as if they were actually in the drive physically.

too bad that most talented homebrew developers gave up working on ps3 because they fear sonys law suits.  but on the other hand, fuck iso loaders.

Have there been any developments regarding PS3 dump-specifications?
What is (or will be) the accepted way to properly dump PS3 Blu-ray game discs?
The latest datfile package also contains a seemingly maintained PS3 datfile "Sony - PlayStation 3 (20120827 23-25-03)" but there is no PS3 section accessible on the redump page or dumping documentation after all.
I assume this datfile still holds checksums as calculated from linux / raw dumps?

17 (edited by Enker 2012-09-03 17:09:41)

Nothing has changed with regards to dumping. Use a BD drive and IsoBuster or ImgBurn to dump the discs. The PS3 section is accessible to dumpers only, and there are still not any guides for dumping the discs. The dat file has the same checksums as always (encrypted dumps).

I've tried with an external LG drive, no luck. Doesn't detect the BD at all hmm

Pikmin wrote:

I've tried with an external LG drive, no luck. Doesn't detect the BD at all hmm

Same here.. LG CH10LS28

20 (edited by Enker 2012-09-07 00:18:41)

Well, not all BD drives will work. I think ASUS, Lite-On, and Samsung drives should work since others have dumped successfully with these brands. My drive is a Lite-On iHBS112 2 and it works, but dumping is pretty slow. If you do get a working drive, make your first dump a verification because some drives may overdump the discs.