If I have a game that PerfectRip states is to damaged to be dumped, should I still submit other information to this site such as header info all the codes on the bottom of the CD etc. or would that be unnecessary since I can't submit the game?

Also the game I'm referring to is Crusader No Remorse for the Sega Saturn which is currently not dumped.

Yea, can't submit anything if you don't get good dumps out of it.  Ringcodes and the like wouldn't be much use if we don't have hashes.  And there would still be no way to actually store the data on the DB without an entry. 

Try getting it resurfaced at a local shop.  If you dig around, I'm sure you can find a place where they can charge you $5 tops to resurface it.  Or, if the disc doesn't look too bad, you might wanna try some home alternatives like "Brasso" which has worked for me a few times.

If IB+EAC dump is fine, you can submit it along with a .sub file. If it matches on 2 drives, it should be safe enough to add. Btw, does PR fail on all the tracks? If it fails on some track, you can uncheck it and verify the rest, at least (if IsoBuster/EAC dump is fine)

DJoneK:
I checked a couple of shops around me and none of them seem to repair damaged cd's. I've heard of a couple of internet sites that resurface cd's but I'm kinda weary about sending my games off like that.

F1ReB4LL:
The PerfectRip program stops prior to finishing the dump so I assume it isn't a dumpable disc although I can try and dump it with isobuster / EAC on two different drives.

I'll post back later once I have those results.

5 (edited by Specialt1212 2011-08-12 03:51:50)

I just tried dumping this game with two different drives and it is returning different hash values for both tracks which are probably a result of the scratches on the back of the disk. So I guess at this point it's undumpable. If I come across this game again I'll be sure to pick it up and try and dump it again.