Thought, I would list them all officially, as some of You might not notice it else tongue

Acorn Archimedes CD
NEC PC-88 series CD
NEC PC-FX / PC-FXGA
Sharp X68000 CD
SNK Neo Geo CD
Tandy / Memorex Visual Information System
Tao iKTV CD
Tomy Kiss-Site CD
VM Labs NUON DVD
VTech V.Flash CD

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

SNK is added, since it's now possible to add any cues, including the multi-index ones. But since it's not yet possible to attach a .sub file, CDZ-protected titles won't work on CDZ systems/emulators in CDZ mode.

Tao iKTV CD, Tomy Kiss-Site CD and VTech V.Flash CD are placeholders, since I haven't seen any dumps yet. If these systems use multisessional discs, they won't be supported (similar to Atari Jaguar CD and Sega Dreamcast MIL-CD medias), due to limitation of cuesheets.

Can't we just go with the noncompliant IsoBuster multisession cuesheets? I know, it's not a standard nor officially approved, but isn't it still better than not preserving these discs at all?

Yes, but how are you going to _split_ such images? IsoBuster uses its own cues for the single "bins".

Sorry, I didn't know that. I don't have any multisession discs anyway.

Now neo-geo can be dumped smile my question is hows it done.

Can it be done in raw mode for example, isnt that supposed to be good for saturn, and would it be good for neo-geo cd.

And what if anything is the things to look out for, I have heard they are not the most straight forward of discs to presserve.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

At first, I'd like to hear the description of CDZ protection bits (from Jackal?), so we could mark such titles somehow. Then I'll try to dump and add at least 1 title of each of 4 kinds of discs (no protection/multi-index/CDZ/both), then we'll see.

Excellent

9 (edited by Rocket 2011-06-09 12:17:37)

I'm sorry for stupid question, but... How about dumping VCD/DVD/BD-Video with movies and cartoons - Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins, Mortal Kombat: The Movie, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Mortal Kombat: Conquest, Resident Evil: The Movie, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, etc?  hmm

このソフトは かいはつちゅうです

@Rocket: I guess that would be over the top for this website. Where do you draw the line when you start alowing DVD dumps to be added to the db? What if there is a connection between the movie and a video-game but it is pretty loose?

The way it is handled today (only if the medium was included in an actual game) seems much better and is clear for everyone.
IMHO the flood of Movies would harm the website more than it would help.

Plextor: PX-755SA, PX-130A; LG: GDR-8164B, GGC-H20N; Lite-On: LH-20A1P; NEC: ND-2510A; Pioneer: BDC-TD03; Sony Optiarc: BC-5500S

Redump - Disc Preservation Project

does that say anything about games only? wink

This was already discussed and it will never happen. This project is for game related media only.
But if anyone wants to start a side project i will be glad to contribute with hundreds of dvd's and audio discs dumps (i think a audio cd database is a very interesting ideia smile )

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

13 (edited by Rocket 2011-06-09 14:46:51)

Anguish wrote:

Where do you draw the line when you start alowing DVD dumps to be added to the db? What if there is a connection between the movie and a video-game but it is pretty loose?

For exapmple, VCD Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins content storylines for MK1 characters, movelists, etc... It is 'game content', as you know.

GBK666 wrote:

Redump - Disc Preservation Project

does that say anything about games only? wink

Agree!

P.S. I may dump Mortal Kombat: The Defenders of the Realms, officially released in Russia on two DVD by Viking Video company.
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/2750395/
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/2750396/

このソフトは かいはつちゅうです

I am totally for a DVD, BD and (most importantly) CDDA database... just not under the redump.org banner.

Remember: "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Plextor: PX-755SA, PX-130A; LG: GDR-8164B, GGC-H20N; Lite-On: LH-20A1P; NEC: ND-2510A; Pioneer: BDC-TD03; Sony Optiarc: BC-5500S

With my comment i didnt mean that redump should add  any music cds or movies now

But its a matter of 5 minutes to change the slogan title to Redump - Game Disc Preservation Project

that would make the purpose (and specification) of the project clearer

ps: arent there dvd and cdda databases already?

I know no CDDA database which works like redump... I mean there is AccurateRip which sucks, because it isn't free for devs.
As far as I know it also doesn't handle offset too good...

I have a huge collection of original CDs which I want to dump, but someone told me to wait with that until iR0b0t releases an almighty tool which handles all the pregaps and offset corrections and read into lead-in, lead-out correctly.

I hope that happens before I die big_smile

I think Truong from cdtool/perfectrip/trurip/etc is working on an audio db

Everything on redump is game-related, although I agree with DVD and Audio CD not really belonging here (especially discs like this one: http://redump.org/disc/15714/ )

Why not?

I say, if they come with a game, it should be on redump.  If it's a stand-alone video/audio disc, then not.

If I want to preserve a game disc, I go to redump. Or toseciso. If I want to preserve a (floppy) disk, I go to SPS. For cartridges, I have to use no-intro. Truong's DB for Audio-CDs. DVDs? No idea.

I've always dreamt of an all-in-one media preservation project. Redump would be the ideal basis with its transparent verification system. Out of all the preservation projects out there, I think it has the most potential. Why not make it the ultimate place to go for preservationists of all kinds? smile

You should finish your University degree, then apply for a digital preservation project sponsored by the government.