1 (edited by xam925 2011-03-14 23:24:54)

hello and thanks to everybody to make game preservation even more professional with your marvelous work!

here's the question :

i've found many,many games of this system with huge audio desync,and i wonder if there's a mode to fix it,i ask you about this because all the isos on the web are corrupted in some cases (after armageddon gaiden, alshark, cyborg 009 for example), and i wonder if the info on your database  can be used along with some utility to fix the iso downloaded from the web.

i've found this tutorial :

http://www.rocknroms.net/cfaq/#_tosec

i'm on the right path? or there's another (maybe simpler) way to fix these isos?

thanks to everyone's,and sorry for my english ^_^

2 (edited by RetroGamer 2011-03-15 01:30:19)

Probably that's because of the gaps between the audio tracks.
We dump discs in a way that the resulting images will be exactly as the original disc...

And yes, with the Rocknroms guide you may be able convert a lot of images but sometimes that's not easy, expecially in Mega CD images because 99% of them have audio tracks and sometimes you may get not matching first or last audio track due to offset...
Anyway, remember that the data track must be converted to raw format (2353/bytes per sector) and the mp3 files are crap...
Good luck!

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

thanks for the quicly response,i'll try to do my best! smile