High my 1st NAOMI GD-Rom arrived to day, in mint condition. And I'm wanting to dump it.  smile

Should I dump it the same as a Dreamcast GD-Rom, does anyone know.

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.

Prolly yes, but I don't think it belongs on Redump? or is it playable on a Dreamcast as well? tongue

Disc Preservation Project

A big YES from me!

Its playable on an emulator, but not on a dreamcast, as far as i know

The SPICE must flow.

I think Naomi GDs have to be dumped as well by Redump. The method is the same of DC, tracks structure is the same.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

I agree 100% they should be dumped.. I myself has ordered some aswell..

Lite-On SOHD-167T, NEC CDR-1901A, Plextor PX-712A, PX-716A, PX-760SA, Samsung TSSTCorp SH-D162D.
:: www.rawdump.net :: 2448 byte CD Preservation ::

Why not? big_smile

COOL, LOOK FORWARD TO DUMPING IT THEN.  big_smile

The SPICE must flow.

If it's a disc and it's gaming related, in my opinion i think it sould be here  big_smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

10 (edited by MrX_Cuci 2011-02-16 15:14:14)

If I look at the MAME dumping guide for NAOMI GDRoms it looks pretty complicated. You need the modem from Sega. Don't know if you get the same checksum "our" way. You can always check by converting the CHD file back to ISO format. http://guru.mameworld.info/tutorials/du … index.html

On a side note:

each game is protected with a key chip. This is a PIC16C622A and can not be copied. It is critical that we get a dump of the decryption key contained in these chips or the emulation will go nowhere.

In other words, without that key, the dump is pretty much useless and incomplete. (aka not redump.org worthy) You might actually be better off sending the GDRom to The Guru for dumping. He has all the tools and hardware to do a proper dump. http://guru.mameworld.info/naomi/netdimm.html