1 (edited by Justin Bailey 2010-11-16 06:46:21)

I was just wondering if you accept discs that are related to video games, but that don't contain any playable game or even playable game demo...? And if so, what do you consider as being too much "off-topic"? Where is the limit?

Here are 3 examples of discs I dumped recently and that I would like to contribute to your database:

1) "PlayZone DVDs"
^ PlayZone was a french DVD-based magazine dedicated to the PS2. There are no playable demos, only tests, news, previews, trailers, gameplay videos and exclusive stuff from time to time.

2) ".hack // Liminality Vol.1 - In the Case of Mai Minase"
^ The french PSX PAL game ".hack // Infection - Part 1" came with a bonus disc; it's a 45 minutes episode of a .hack anime.

3) "Silent Hill 2 - The Making Of"
^ I didn't check if this one is already in your database, but the Special Edition of the "Silent Hill 2" in France came with a Making Of DVD.

Is #2 too much off-topic?
Would you like me to submit those discs?

I currently have:
- 3 "PlayZone" DVDs
- 1 "PSM2" DVD (it's similar to "PlayZone")
- 1 .hack anime
- 1 Silent Hill 2 Making Of (earlier I submitted a MGS2 Making Of too, it's bundled with the french version of MGS2)

Drive: Plextor PX-708A (Correction offset: +30)
Drive: TSSTcorp - DVDWBD SH-B123L (Correction offset: +6)

Yes, 1 and 3 will be accepted. I will personally love the third one.

But I think mods won't want to accept 2 if it has nothing to do with the game and is just an anime.

2 is a bonus disc, all the bonus discs are acceptable.

4 (edited by GBK666 2010-11-15 15:33:26)

all three are accepted. 2. is a part of the retail package. doesnt matter if a bonus disc contains demos of other games, making of footage or a whole movie like in the .hack games for the ps2.

that anime btw is part of the experience which are the .hack games. that anime was not sold seperatly from the game

5 (edited by Justin Bailey 2010-11-16 08:23:55)

Thanks for your answers, I'll send the checksums and required informations very soon then smile

@ RiMMER
Oh, a Silent Hill fan? Well, I am.
Did you know that Heather will be in the Silent Hill 2 movie?
[EDIT] Ah I forgot to mention it, but in the "PSM2 DVD", there's also a Silent Hill 3 Making Of.

Drive: Plextor PX-708A (Correction offset: +30)
Drive: TSSTcorp - DVDWBD SH-B123L (Correction offset: +6)