I have several images downloaded from the internet that are 2352 bytes to small. I tried enlarging them to the required size, but still they are not correct. Anyone here that know how to fix these images?

hi, Patzik, to be hones i don't know really, maybe ther's some software that rips so, so that they would differ always in a similar pattern like last data track sector missing, but you could try to scan it with dremora's tool or maybe cdmage. if ther's a sector missing - it will show - you'll get a continuous cascade of errors afterwards. and anyhow, you can ask for a patch in the Patches section. try to fix some and you will notice what differs.

I scanned the images with cdmage and they all check out fine.

With psxt001z I get the following

File: nfs r+t.bin
Size (bytes):   640141488
From image:     640143840
Size (sectors): 272169
From image:     272170
EDC in Form 2 sectors: NO
ID: SLUS-00204
Date: 1996-02-15
System area: US NoEDC

Strangely enough it says filesize 640141488 (which is the actual size)
But at "From Image" it says 640143840 (wich is the correct dump size)

Any suggestions?

mmm maybe you could try to append a 00 sector as you did before but hex edit it to hold correct sync and header field values. it is only thing i can think of (except for a patch). but even if it works, this game was not dumped from original cd, so maybe it's not that good at all.

Patzik wrote:

Strangely enough it says filesize 640141488 (which is the actual size)
But at "From Image" it says 640143840 (wich is the correct dump size)

The first number is actual file size, the second is taken from the sector 16.

Enlarging the file only added empty bytes at the end. I found an image that is correct and compared it to one that was missing 2352 bytes.
The bytes were missing at the end.

This is what they contained

" ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ `0i                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                "

The oi is the part that 'counts up'. Should be possible to make an auto fix for these kind of errors no?

7 (edited by themabus 2007-10-16 04:15:08)

it's hard to tell, it would be easier by hex values but it looks like an empty sector.
00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 ?? ?? ?? ??
first 12 bytes is sync - afaik it's always the same
next 3 is MSF (sector address)
Minutes
Seconds (0..59)
Frames (0..74)
MSF is in BCD format - if you're 24:56:74 in cd you will see exact values in hex editor (not 18 38 4A)
last byte is Mode. it should be 00 in this case.
(you can find this information in ECMA-130 btw)
and good guess is: last sector from that broken image you have is also filled with 00, so you just append it once
more to have a correct image size and then adjust MSF field with an hex editor (eg. 24 56 74 -> 24 57 00)

CDmage and psxt001z can fix this kind of errors.

When using --fix in psxt001z the error is not fixed. So how can I do it?

Have you tried fixing it after resizing? You can also try CDmage.

I enlarged the file to the required size.
Then fixed it with psxt001z

psxt001z by Dremora, v0.20 beta 13 "LibCrypt"

File: 1.bin
Size (bytes):   729736224 (OK)
Size (sectors): 310262 (OK)
EDC in Form 2 sectors: YES
System area: US EDC

Checking data...
Sector 310261: Sync (fixed), Header (fixed)

Subheaders count:
00 00 08 00: 31248
00 00 09 00: 1
00 00 20 00: 151
00 00 89 00: 11
      Other: 278851

Form 1 sectors: 190544
Form 2 sectors: 119718
"Bad" headers: 0

Checking postgap...
Postgap type: Form 2

Sector 310259: Form 2 Subheader (fixed), Form 2 EDC (fixed)
Sector 310260: Form 2 Subheader (fixed), Form 2 EDC (fixed)
Sector 310261: Form 2 Subheader (fixed), Form 2 EDC (fixed)

Still the file is not recognizen as a correct dump....