Hi I have extracted the RAW image file for Tenchu Stealth Assassins (NTSC) on the PSX with IsoBuster - following the instructions in the guide - and my checksums don't match the ones on the site.My disc is scratch free, the bytes match so does the EXE date and SLUS number.The disc doesn't contain audio tracks.So anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong - maybe offsets or stuff like that, I'm really not too much into these stuff.

Also I got the image file in .iso format, I extracted a RAW image in .bin format - it gave different hash values (of course) but still not those that are on the site.

So any advice?

Maybe it's a different version or revision...
If you followed the guide and if you dumped from a original disc, post the dumping info in the "Dumps" forum...

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

offset doesn't influence single data track CDs, so it's either indeed a different version or something goes wrong.
to be sure please try to extract it again, better on different drive, and see if checksums of both dumps match.
it could be that drive return incorrect data without warning.

RetroGamer wrote:

Maybe it's a different version or revision...
If you followed the guide and if you dumped from a original disc, post the dumping info in the "Dumps" forum...

Where is the original guide for dumping PSX games?

5 (edited by velocity37 2010-08-21 07:19:38)

The guide is here.

Since it doesn't have audio tracks, there isn't really that many possibilities.

1. You have an alternate version. Since the size matches perfectly, it might not have EDC (db does). Check for this by using psxt001z.

Use it by going to the command line, navigating to your folder, and typing:
psxt001z.exe "file.bin"

Where file.bin is your image's filename. If you're unfamiliar with using the command line, put the following in a .bat file:

psxt001z.exe "file.bin" > log.txt

You can see the output in the resulting log file. What you're interested in is "EDC in Form 2 sectors". It's also very handy to know how to do this, since this tool will save you time by automatically checking the EXE date, ID, and EDC for you.

If your disc doesn't have EDC, that means it's a new dump!  big_smile

2. Your drive introduced "minor errors" that don't halt the dumping process.

To check for this, scan your dump with CDMage (run as admin if you have UAC enabled). Open your image file and select image type "M2/2352". Once it's loaded, go to action>scan for corruption and hit enter. Make sure "error log" is checked under view.

If you do have errors, try dumping it again or in another drive.

3. The dump in the db is bad

This doesn't seem too likely, since the db dump has 0 errors. My GH20NS15 has given bad dumps with "0 errors", though. That's why I always dump in multiple drives.