1 (edited by pepsidrinker 2010-07-07 08:55:49)

I had some material on my memory stick when I went to dump Dissidia (a new copy) so I didn't have enough room so it filled it up and told me to insert a new memory card, removed the personal material put it back into the psp and finished the dump. Had two parts, used the provided bat to combine them /b copy like we use here but the checksums didn't match the db, thought I might have another release anyways deleted it off memory card and dumped it again fully this time and that dump matches the db.

So there might be a bug having pspfiler separate into parts. Either it's that feature itself or because I had the first part still on it, messed up the dump. I am not sure.

When I am done dumping new games I will go back and test it by removing the first part1 and see if I get the same results.

EDIT: Looking at the two sizes they are different, the one with parts is 1645182976 to the fully dump one of 1646657536, so something is wrong with that way, I will put the same personal material on and retest it with taking the first part off the memory stick before dumping the second.

EDIT: Completed my test, pspfiler has a problem with dumping parts. The new part dump matches the first one. Which means if a dumper has to dump that way and dumps the game twice it will match but be incorrect. I hope it's just my setup, I have 5.50 Prometheus V4 CFW and is using PSP Filer Ver.6.6

Three years and still going strong.

Hmm.. I thought it was a known rule to always have more free space that required to dump a game just because of something like this.  MS are cheaper nowadays so I guess this shouldnt be that much of a problem anymore.

But thanks for the info though.  Basically, dump the game fully to MS or don't dump it at all! tongue

3 (edited by Ghazy 2010-07-08 03:22:06)

i agree with DJoneK.

some thoughts by me:
it should be a rule that you have to use a proper and genuine memory stick from sony or sandisk.
ebay is flooded with many fake memsticks from china that will most likely cause bad dumps.
also i wouldn't use/allow those photofast adapters for dumping.
the psp guide here on redump needs an update immediately, it would attract more people to dump their psp games! big_smile

@pepsidrinker: i don't really understand what you want to say, are you joking about me?  lol

4 (edited by pepsidrinker 2010-07-09 20:33:28)

Well it came as a surprise to me, I am sure I am not the only one not familiar with this rule. It's also not inconceivable that someone might come here one day not knowing the rule with only a 500GB memory card (who's to say already hasn't) and using the right software submit though not intentionally faulty information.

@pepsidrinker: i don't really understand what you want to say, are you joking about me?

What do you mean? I should of quoted it but my response was to DJoneK comment that it was a known rule.

Three years and still going strong.