Good night to everyone.

First of all, I wish to thank everybody for creating a wonderfull database like this, because is something that I have been searching for ages.

My question is the next. I have some PS2 ISOS that I made some years ago from my originals, and stored them in an external Hard Disk. Some time later, I started wondering if those copies were done correctly, and I started searching a place where I could find information about games CRC, and that is how I discovered this website.

I have used HASHCHECK to check my ISOS, and here is where I have found a problem. For example, I have the ISO of GOD HAND GAME, and its CRC-32,MD5 and SHA-1 fit perfectly with those that are written in its report page (http://redump.org/disc/4152/). However, that information does not fit with the MD5 file that is stored in the same page.

So this is my question. Could you say me which information is the correct one? That which is written in the page or the other wich is stored in the MD5 file?

Thanks for your help, and please, forgive me for my grammatical mistakes. English is not my mother tongue.

Strange, if you open the .md5 in a text editor you'll see that it contains the exact same hash as on the website:

.md5 file: c92fcaaa3b8e6edb377c9573be67ae03 *God Hand (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).iso

I'm not familiar with Hashcheck but maybe it needs you to rename your file according to the .md5 filename in order to verify it. Try to rename your file to God Hand (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).iso

Or better yet, use clrmamepro tongue It can both check and rename your files automatically ^^

3 (edited by baronluigi 2010-07-04 00:23:31)

Well, Now you are talking about renaming the file, I did it with another game, with GOD OF WAR 2, to be exactly and when I tried to use the SFV file of that game that is uploaded in this website, the program clasiffies my file (although I renamed my ISO file as it is written in the SFV) as LOCKED. What does "locked" mean?

And for resume, If the HASH of my ISOS fits with those that are on the web, that means that my dumps were correctly done, Am I right?

4 (edited by amarok 2010-07-04 15:15:29)

What does "locked" mean?

No idea. As I've said I'm not familiar with Hashcheck. My guess would be that it cannot access the file because it's already opened elsewhere.

And for resume, If the HASH of my ISOS fits with those that are on the web, that means that my dumps were correctly done, Am I right?

That's absolutely correct. You don't actually need the .sfv or .md5 files. As long as all the checksums on the website match your local file, you can be sure it's 100% identical (and correct)!

Thank you.  Now I have no need to make new copies of them xD