Rocknroms wrote:

3) Wiikey dump disc (more info are needed).

I was using this disc (Wiikey dvddumper v0.8) for GC discs on my chip-modded GameCube and the results were always matching LG-Drive method, so probably it will be same for GC/Wii discs on Wii console.

This method also requires a chip-mod, and like You, I try to avoid any soft-mods on my consoles where I am playing on.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

tested superdump a few times (7 Wii , 23 NGC games) and all dumps matched my RawDump dumps.

iR0b0t wrote:
Rocknroms wrote:

3) Wiikey dump disc (more info are needed).

I was using this disc (Wiikey dvddumper v0.8) for GC discs on my chip-modded GameCube and the results were always matching LG-Drive method, so probably it will be same for GC/Wii discs on Wii console.

This method also requires a chip-mod, and like You, I try to avoid any soft-mods on my consoles where I am playing on.

Now that I remember I hope it's not the tool you suggested to tossEAC tongue because he got a lot of wrong checksums, probably it's suitable only with a certain mod or chip or (I don't know) there is a bugged version.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

yes, there was a problem, but it was an other tool

Wiikey dvddumper v0.8 is working for me !

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

LiiZENZ wrote:

tested superdump a few times (7 Wii , 23 NGC games) and all dumps matched my RawDump dumps.

Yep same results with me all the games I tested with SuperDump match the ones in the db that I dumped with RawDump. SuperDump is pretty awesome with it being able to dump NGC in about 10mins as opposed to RawDump taking 60mins.

I made some tries with Superdump.

NGC are dumped without any problem in 10 min and match other dumps without errors.

Indeed I cannot got any good result on Wii discs: I tried both Superdump 1.2 and 1.3 with all possible revisions of IOS249 (rev 12,13,13b,14) and I always get read error on last sector stopping it at 99%. I read around that many people got this problem even with lower than rev14 but anybody got a resonable reply. The only hint I found is that it could be cause of my chip (Wasabi v3, I also updated firmware but nothing changed), so if there's no other solution and because it seems it's not necessary anymore I'm thinking about removing it.

If anyone has a solution please tell me, otherwise we have to find also a list of chips that are not compatible with Superdump.

My patch requests thread

The chip is probably the reason it's failing. I've only heard of cIOS rev 14 and Wasabi and CycloWiz modchips causing it to fail at 99%. Apparently you can disable the chip temporarily and it'll work fine. I'm not sure there's really any need for Wii modchips these days anyway.

Has anyone had any luck dumping the second disc of any 2 disc GameCube games with Superdump 1.3? It never works for me so I just use 1.2 for disc 2s as mentioned here, which is annoying cos you have to transfer the image to PC before you can dump another one.

doofus wrote:

The chip is probably the reason it's failing. I've only heard of cIOS rev 14 and Wasabi and CycloWiz modchips causing it to fail at 99%. Apparently you can disable the chip temporarily and it'll work fine. I'm not sure there's really any need for Wii modchips these days anyway.

I read that msg on gbatemp, but it seems quite absurd to me that a chip blocks last sector reading, there's no proof of this. Disabling the chip means removing it and as you said nobody really showed it works without chip. It could be more cause on some drives revision.

My patch requests thread

Posted guide, I made also some missing addictions in the last minutes. Please anyone feel free to report missing stuff or new discoveries.

My patch requests thread

I think you should add the size of the WII double layer discs and it was cool if the guide Organic wrote was merged with yours (put all the methods in one post only).

Thanks for the guide, Rocknroms, it's good to see you in action again  big_smile

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

Thanks added DL size.
About Organig guide, it's out of date but it's linked at the end.
At least you don't find anyone who is still dumping disc with GC broadband modem. I need someone who explains well how to dump disc with gc dumping tools.

My patch requests thread

37 (edited by Ghazy 2010-06-27 06:03:01)

Havikoro wrote:

This is why the mods of this site need to update all the dumping guides to help avoid issues like this. We know what hardware/software produces good dumps and what doesn't. I still can't believe in the PSP dumping guide it still says to use UMD DAX Dumper Beta 0.2 seriously WTF. I've asked many times for this to be changed and no one listens. So every new PSP dumper that comes to this site thinks umddax produces good dumps which it doesn't we know it underdumps. So they dump with that and submit their data. Due to the lack of updates to the PSP guide there could be many bad dumps in the PSP section.

My point is there are all sorts of methods and tools one can use to dump a game but there needs to be a standard at redump.org that guides people on the methods WE use to properly dump games.

amen.

those outdated and incomplete guides hinder many people to contribute to redump (including myself at the beginning). when new members sign up i always see the same questions are asked because it isn't properly explained.
many people are confused and afraid of asking and rather don't bother with complicated methods.
with updated guides it would save both, the staff and the dumpers, much time and trouble.
i'd agree to rewrite some guides.
many guides are already perfect, but psp and dreamcast for example, could be better.

with this post i really don't want to say the work from all the individuals who wrote guides & found dumping-methods is shit. don't get me wrong. i'm thankful to everyone who made redump what it is today. i'm just trying to help improving this wonderful site.

Ghazy wrote:
Havikoro wrote:

This is why the mods of this site need to update all the dumping guides to help avoid issues like this. We know what hardware/software produces good dumps and what doesn't. I still can't believe in the PSP dumping guide it still says to use UMD DAX Dumper Beta 0.2 seriously WTF. I've asked many times for this to be changed and no one listens. So every new PSP dumper that comes to this site thinks umddax produces good dumps which it doesn't we know it underdumps. So they dump with that and submit their data. Due to the lack of updates to the PSP guide there could be many bad dumps in the PSP section.

My point is there are all sorts of methods and tools one can use to dump a game but there needs to be a standard at redump.org that guides people on the methods WE use to properly dump games.

amen.

those outdated and incomplete guides hinder many people to contribute to redump (including myself at the beginning). when new members sign up i always see the same questions are asked because it isn't properly explained.
many people are confused and afraid of asking and rather don't bother with complicated methods.
with updated guides it would save both, the staff and the dumpers, much time and trouble.
i'd agree to rewrite some guides.
many guides are already perfect, but psp and dreamcast for example, could be better.

with this post i really don't want to say the work from all the individuals who wrote guides & found dumping-methods is shit. don't get me wrong. i'm thankful to everyone who made redump what it is today. i'm just trying to help improving this wonderful site.

I have been wondering this myself. I have been dumping a collection of Gamecube games at the moment with an LG drive. and it takes about an hour to dump each game with RawDump 2.1. I was curious if this is the best way to do this or if there is a faster and still accurate way to dump them. I do have a soft modded wii if that can be of better use. I also have a launch edition PSP and want to start dumping PSP games as well. So I am looking for the best tools and methods to do this. My other question is, what is the best method to dump Dreamcast GDroms? I do no currently have a BBA, but thought there was a dvd drive that could be used to dump this discs. If so which drive do I need to get and is there a specific firmware needed. Same goes for Xbox and Xbox360. Thanks guys. I know these are newbie questions that probably get asked quite often. Please forgive me there.

MrFaust wrote:

I have been wondering this myself. I have been dumping a collection of Gamecube games at the moment with an LG drive. and it takes about an hour to dump each game with RawDump 2.1. I was curious if this is the best way to do this or if there is a faster and still accurate way to dump them. I do have a soft modded wii if that can be of better use. I also have a launch edition PSP and want to start dumping PSP games as well. So I am looking for the best tools and methods to do this. My other question is, what is the best method to dump Dreamcast GDroms? I do no currently have a BBA, but thought there was a dvd drive that could be used to dump this discs. If so which drive do I need to get and is there a specific firmware needed. Same goes for Xbox and Xbox360. Thanks guys. I know these are newbie questions that probably get asked quite often. Please forgive me there.

To dump Wii and Gamecube games using a Wii you need a 8GB and 2GB SD Card respectively also

cIOS rev 17 or 13b
you MUST USE one of these REVISIONs or you will get bad dumps
http://filetrip.net/f9426-cIOS-Installer-38r17.html

SuperDump 1.3
http://filetrip.net/f9332-SuperDump-1-3.html

if you need any help dumping with the Wii let me know

Collecting USA Wii and NGC

kiczek wrote:

To dump Wii and Gamecube games using a Wii you need a 8GB and 2GB SD Card respectively also

cIOS rev 17 or 13b

SuperDump 1.3

is this method faster than dumping with rawdump 2.1 and one of the LG drives?

MrFaust wrote:
kiczek wrote:

cIOS rev 17 or 13b

SuperDump 1.3

is this method faster than dumping with rawdump 2.1 and one of the LG drives?

Superdump is a lot faster. It only  takes 10mins to dump NGC and for Wii a single layer game takes 20mins. Rawdump is like 60mins for NGC and a couple hours or more for Wii.