Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse (Disc 2)

names with special characters are only allowed as alternative title, or is this entry an exception?

I think Dremora updated the code to automatically convert ö into oe etc.. At least, that's what I noticed earlier.

3 (edited by amarok 2010-05-25 17:57:25)

names with special characters are only allowed as alternative title, or is this entry an exception?

I thought so too, but there are many more exceptions, for example all the Pokémon games. The main problem is - once again - the lack of consistency.

There is no technical reason for not allowing these non-ASCII characters in the main title. IMHO the alternative title should be used exclusively for transliterations or cases like Resident Evil 5 / Biohazard 5. But well, I've brought this up before and I'm sure no one will listen to me this time, either.

guess he added "Umlaut" conversion only, not all other special characters

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

5 (edited by Ghazy 2010-05-25 18:31:45)

yes amarok, i also noticed the Pokémon games and some german games from you which have those language-specific special characters in the title. however many french & spanish games have their correct titles in the alternative title-field, e.g. : http://redump.org/disc/5764/

but it's not me who makes the decisions.

it would be great if we'd have 2 different DATs: one for the english-translated names and one for their native names, so you get the full japanese or russian name as filename. if your OS/HDD filesystem doesn't support those foreign characters you still have the DAT to rename them to the proper english names. of course this will be an insane task to maintain such a DAT and you'd run into problems with the CUE-sheets...

hope you get my point, i can't express it well in english.

edit: sorry i made this thread in the wrong section, please move it.